• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Golfer Scottie Scheffler arrested for assaulting officer

Ok Kentucky, hemorrhage your citizens of hundreds of millions of dollars. As Ben Sutton said yesterday on Twitter, we ain't coming back. Go screw yourself.

"Sounds like the folks in @louisville and @ValhallaGolf better enjoy this @PGAChampionship as it may be the last one they ever host!" -- Ben

I totally agree with Ben.

I look forward to all the OWG golfers leading the outrage the next time an innocent black kid is shot by the police...now that they can see the fraud.

I’m actually quite surprised the players aren’t publicly condemning this. I see Willy Z did and good for him.

JT ought be speaking out and saying this is embarrassing for his hometown. This is their shot with hot mics. As weeks go by the comments won’t be heard as much even if they make them.

Now that I’ve attacked the dog, the events went:

One cop told him to get on the median and go through. Another cop had different ideas. Scottie had no idea dumb cop had attached himself to car.

Then raging copy didn’t take time to ask earlier copy what had happened. Cooler heads did not prevail.

Just glad this wasn’t Harold Varner. He’d be dead.

Now that I’ve attacked the dog, the events went:

One cop told him to get on the median and go through. Another cop had different ideas. Scottie had no idea dumb cop had attached himself to car.

Then raging copy didn’t take time to ask earlier copy what had happened. Cooler heads did not prevail.

Just glad this wasn’t Harold Varner. He’d be dead.
It’s just very hard for me to believe that this cop would have escalated the situation. Has anyone looked into whether Scottie was wearing a hoody at the time? Why didn’t Scottie just comply and respect the badge?

Get real. This is Scottie Scheffler. In a car with closed windows. He had no idea what was being said.

There is only one of these sides with a known propensity to lie. Did you not hear the part how it was the cops that already told him to go. Which ring was he supposed to kiss?

Get real. This is Scottie Scheffler. In a car with closed windows. He had no idea what was being said.

There is only one of these sides with a known propensity to lie. Did you not hear the part how it was the cops that already told him to go. Which ring was he supposed to kiss?
I notice you’re just ignoring my very prescient question about Scottie’s hoody?

Maybe Scottie fit the description of a shoplifting suspect - he is male and adult sized after all. Hat could be a quick disguise. That beard looks like it could be gang related. He also had what appeared to be 14 long guns in the car. There’s really no way to make these judgments in a split second when directing traffic at the players entrance of a golf tournament.

Back