• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Had a successful shopping trip yesterday

a7uhyjyd.jpg

Heading to NMB next week. Any particular store in that area that would have a better selection than others? Looking to pick up something I can't find in the Triad area.

Still having trouble making a great Manhattan at home. I'm using:

Full jigger Buffalo Trace
1/2 jigger Dolins (blanc)
3 dashes Argustura bitters
Out of cherries right now

Are the cherries that big a deal as I have had them other places w/o them and its no big deal. Should I go with a little more Vermouth and is the blanc the correct one?

Last edited:
Defs rouge. And for bitters, I play around a lot. I think my fav right now are few bros orange bitters, but their original anD cherry bitters are great too.

So I'm going to a Pappy Van Winkle tasting in an hour. Super stoked.

Featuring pours of:

-Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year ( 107 proof)
-Van Winkle Special Reserve Lot B 12 year
-Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye 13 year
-Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 15 year
-Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 20 year
-Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 23 year

Plus all I can handle of:
-E H Colonel Taylor Single Barrel
-Rockhill Farm
- Blanton’s

Also, I've been really digging my bottle of OGD 114. I'm afraid it's not going to last much longer. Sucks it's not easy to find in CA.

If I had to pick something on this list under $50, then what would it be?

I'm a huge fan of Breckenridge, but I know y'all are all about the Four Roses. (I'm embarrassed to say that I've never tasted its brilliance.)

I'm thinking either Breckenridge, Four Roses Single Barrel, Four Roses Small Batch, or Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve, but I defer to you, oh bourbon gods.

Well I'm an amateur compared to other posters on this thread but if I have around $50 to spend for that list I personally would consider getting Sazerac Rye ($29.95) + Evan Williams SB 2003 ($24.95).

I'd refer to the list Bears posted that is now on page 1 of this thread. It is incredibly accurate with the price range although now all bourbons are listed.

Well I'm an amateur compared to other posters on this thread but if I have around $50 to spend for that list I personally would consider getting Sazerac Rye ($29.95) + Evan Williams SB 2003 ($24.95).

I'd refer to the list Bears posted that is now on page 1 of this thread. It is incredibly accurate with the price range although now all bourbons are listed.

We ended up going with the Four Roses Single Barrel. Holy shit.

Back