• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

I have reached out to out of state friends and family to look for OWA for me and buy all they can. No luck so far. Wish I had picked up more than 1 bottle when I went to Knoxville in December.

I have reached out to out of state friends and family to look for OWA for me and buy all they can. No luck so far. Wish I had picked up more than 1 bottle when I went to Knoxville in December.

What's it worth to you? I think I've got an unopened bottle at the house...

I still have an unopened bottle. Not looking to pay more than retail for it. Hopefully I can find some later in the year or on my travels out of state this spring/summer.

I still have an unopened bottle. Not looking to pay more than retail for it. Hopefully I can find some later in the year or on my travels out of state this spring/summer.

are you in NC? OWA has been on the shelf in Johnston County for around a month now...as of last Saturday they still had 5 or 6 bottles. They also have VOB (non BiB) which you cannot find in Wake County.

are you in NC? OWA has been on the shelf in Johnston County for around a month now...as of last Saturday they still had 5 or 6 bottles. They also have VOB (non BiB) which you cannot find in Wake County.

Don't bother with the non BIB version of VOB unless you are just looking for a cheap mixer for a party (or something similar).

Whereabouts in Johnston County?

Clayton Hwy 70. I'd suggest calling first before driving over though.

Last edited:

In Forsyth County. I ask every time I go in for OWA and get laughed at. Was in up in Hickory a few weeks ago and same thing there. I have some friends in the Wake Forest/Raleigh/Durham area, I am gonna ask them to check it out.

Expecting my order from HiTimeWine today. A bottle of Rock Hill Farms and Elmer T Lee.

I bought three bottles of OWA for $18.99 each earlier tonight. I'm probably going to regret not buying more.

Opened up my bottle of Jefferson's Ocean. It wasn't bad, it wasn't outstanding. I don't think it is worth $75/$80. Haven't opened up the Rock Hill Farms or Elmer T. Lee yet.

I've checked 3 ABC stores in Iredell / Mecklenburg and no OWA

They do have a nice deal on Baker's at least

Haven't found anything I don't really care for yet, except Buffalo Trace. Having said that, when I tasted it again during my tour last month, it didn't have that "earthy" taste I remember, so I may give it another shot down the road.

The Rock Hill Farms has a little more burn than the Elmer T. Lee from my experience. I like them both.

RHF - 100pf
ETL - 90pf

Both are single barrels so they can vary from bottle to bottle. RHF is older, if I remember correctly. Both are the Buffalo Trace #2 mashbill which is lower corn.

Anyone on this thread tried Calumet Farms bourbon? My brother recently gave me a bottle to try, but haven't opened it up yet.

Back