• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Stopped in the ABC store in Lewisville last night. Picked up another bottle of Larceny as it is still on sale. One of the clerks there is apparently big into bourbon herself. She put me on an internal list she keeps when they get in special items or any OWA by request. She said the OWA is only released once a year. Does that sound right?

I asked about Old Grand Dad 114 as I have not seen it in the Triad and she said she could probably get me some. She also said she is planning on getting some a better variety in the Lewisville store.

Weller 12 for $80?!?! Jesus I bought it a year ago for like $25

Weller 12 for $80?!?! Jesus I bought it a year ago for like $25

Yeah, I wouldn't have let the wife pay had I been there with her. Definitely got gouged. They had two bottles and we had checked several stores. I would have been comfortable paying $50 as I talked to some people at BT said it normally runs around $30. They also said they heard some places were charging $100. Oh well, at least my wife didn't pay $100!

Anyone pouring tonight? Just got home and feel a little cough coming on so I poured me some VOB BIB.

I like it pretty good. A little hot and cinnamony neat. I like it with a melted ice cube. Can't beat it for the price!

I like it pretty good. A little hot and cinnamony neat. I like it with a melted ice cube. Can't beat it for the price!

It used to be age stated 6 years but I think they removed the age statement a couple of years ago. I haven't had since it went NAS...does yours have an age?

Doesn't specify "aged 6 years" but the label around the neck has a 6 on it.

Doesn't specify "aged 6 years" but the label around the neck has a 6 on it.

Yeah that's probably NAS then...probably just kept the 6 to make people think it's the same bourbon. It's the same thing that Ancient Ancient Age did when they dropped the 10 year - it became "10 Star" and everything still looked the same. I don't know though...I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Yeah that's probably NAS then...probably just kept the 6 to make people think it's the same bourbon. It's the same thing that Ancient Ancient Age did when they dropped the 10 year - it became "10 Star" and everything still looked the same. I don't know though...I could be wrong.

Is the 10 Star worth a shot? It is plentiful in NC. What was the ancient age you said is only sold in Kentucky?

OWA 107 for me tonight. Finished my Ritt BiB during the snow a few nights ago. Broke open the Evan Williams single barrel from 2005 Wed night...wow. I really, really enjoyed the 2003 but the 2005 hits my sweet spot even more...heavy taste of butter rum lifesavers. Need to grab a couple of more of those while they are still plentiful.

OWA 107 for me tonight. Finished my Ritt BiB during the snow a few nights ago. Broke open the Evan Williams single barrel from 2005 Wed night...wow. I really, really enjoyed the 2003 but the 2005 hits my sweet spot even more...heavy taste of butter rum lifesavers. Need to grab a couple of more of those while they are still plentiful.

If you ever come across any EWSB 2000 buy all you find. That's by far my favorite, although I haven't tried the last few years. I'll need to check out the 2005.

Only ones I have had were 2003 and 2005. I have a 2004 but its unopened. From all of the reviews I have seen 2005 is getting good marks but not necessarily great as compared to 2003 and earlier..just saying that 2005 really hit a great spot for me. Unfortunately in NC I am guessing I will not find any 2000s but I will definitely keep an eye out esp if i am out of state looking.

Need to pick up 7 more bottles to reach our 160 goal for the bourbon barrel purchase.

Back