• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Maybe it would be $60 - $70...

I couldn't find a price online but a quick search found WSR (Weller Special Reserve) at $35ish for a 1.75 and OWA at $45ish. Weller 12 would probably fall in that $55 to $60 range I would guess.

Last edited:
Having a little 10 year rip van Winkle for easter

Cheers!

05551557367da6988788173be228b7d2.jpg

Very nice! I have a number of bottles from barrels in the 800s...that was a great run of barrels. KBD does reuse some barrel numbers so I wonder if yours is from the same run (I think they would be about 12yrs now). If so, it's truly outstanding bourbon. Post some tasting notes and let us know what you think!

e203ccb2aafb79476181e937c6dd66cb.jpg

Last edited:
Way too much. Counter with $50ish. I've never bought a handle of Weller 12 but i don't think it would be more than $50 - $60.

The offer is from a friend of a friend, who admitted the retail was around $55 at the once a year release time, however, he claims the current second market value is $200. With that said, I'm thinking I'll probably pass on the offer and just continue to enjoy my small stash of OWA.

The offer is from a friend of a friend, who admitted the retail was around $55 at the once a year release time, however, he claims the current second market value is $200. With that said, I'm thinking I'll probably pass on the offer and just continue to enjoy my small stash of OWA.

Weller 12 isn't released once a year...it's just a little hard to find right now. It will be back again when more barrels get to age.

Tastes differ, but I like owa better anyway

Poured some OGD 114 last night. A little too hot for me neat, so I dropped in a couple of ice cubes. Opened up some sweetness for sure.

Finally opened my Old Scout Smooth Ambler 7 Yr Rye...really was a home run for me. Next time I see it again I am definitely grabbing another bottle or two. Also scored the last bottle of EH Taylor small batch in Wake County and picked up my first Jim Beam Bonded. The Taylor is very good...at $42 probably priced about right. The Jim Beam BiB also worked but not sure it is worth the price at $26.

For the Elijah Craig 12 yr fans - it looks like EC12 is in process of removing the big 12 year age statement on the front and moving it to small print on the back. The front label now just says Small Batch. From history, this is the first step a producer does when they are going to completely remove an age statement. I suggest it's time to put some of this in your bunker.

I'm sure the general public would not even notice when the small age statement on the back disappears, should that actually happen.

d4e1cec1512cf2620a94a7a7ddfd6ed4.jpg

174e0f92576bf4e7aa95b47801d9a0af.jpg

Last edited:
For the Elijah Craig 12 yr fans - it looks like EC12 is in process of removing the big 12 year age statement on the front and moving it to small print on the back. The front label now just says Small Batch. From history, this is the first step a producer does when they are going to completely remove an age statement. I suggest it's time to put some of this in your bunker.

I'm sure the general public would not even notice when the small age statement on the back disappears, should that actually happen.

d4e1cec1512cf2620a94a7a7ddfd6ed4.jpg

174e0f92576bf4e7aa95b47801d9a0af.jpg

Good to know. Thanks! I will probably pick up a few of these in the coming months.

Birthday is coming up in May so just telling everyone to get me bourbon. Done and done!

My biggest bourbon regret is not being aware that Elijah 18 was going away. I would have bunkered quite a bit of that.

Back