• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

The SAOS Rye is/was outstanding. Have an unopened bottle of the bourbon. Seeking anything of theirs in barrel
Proof. There is a really good reddit AMA linked
On the bourbon forum with one of the founders of smooth ambler.

man, i should have stocked up on Rock Hill

prob my favorite bourbon in that ~$40-45 range and now its tough to find

Had a good haul today. Willett Family reserve 8 year rye, Weller Special, EH Taylor Single Barrel, Johnny Drum, and Sazerac 6 year.

So after tasting a fair amount of bourbons over the last year or more my favorite is still what it was back in the day....Blanton's. That's not real exciting since Blanton's has been around forever but I just like the taste and even enjoy it neat. Does anyone know of something newer to the market that is similar in proof and taste/mouth feel to Blanton's? I'm staying loyal to my horse but I've been enjoying the taste tests.

I haven't had this or Blantons, but isn't Elmer T Lee the same BT mashbill, similar proof and also single barrel? So I'd think there could be some resemblance.

so my wife came home from work yesterday, said I have a surprise for you, and pulled a small bottle of Bacardi spiced rum from her purse. I said ok thanks, and she said to sniff it, and I did and it smelled like Bourbon. turns out it's Pappy 12 year a colleague had and he gave me a few ounces. need to figure out when to sample it.

I haven't had this or Blantons, but isn't Elmer T Lee the same BT mashbill, similar proof and also single barrel? So I'd think there could be some resemblance.

Be wary of ETL right now; the last release is reported not to be very good.

Coworker mentioned casually that she went a friend's bosses house the other night and had "just a glass" of Pappy 23.

So after tasting a fair amount of bourbons over the last year or more my favorite is still what it was back in the day....Blanton's. That's not real exciting since Blanton's has been around forever but I just like the taste and even enjoy it neat. Does anyone know of something newer to the market that is similar in proof and taste/mouth feel to Blanton's? I'm staying loyal to my horse but I've been enjoying the taste tests.

Rock Hill Farms is pretty similar imo

Rock Hill Farms, ETL, Ancient Age, and Hancock Reserve are all the same mashbill as Blantons.

After some Four Roses Single Barrel, I picked up some Jefferson's Very Old, Bowman's Single Barrel, and Blanton's.

I feel like I won the OWA lottery this weekend. I see the 90 proof in the handle size all the time, but never the OWA.

IMG_5877.jpg

Back