• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Finally tracked down some Buffalo trace a few weeks ago and dang if it weren't good. Had some Blanton's awhile ago and I was pretty surprised how good it was never trying it before.

Some pretty cool Jim Rutledge news: http://http://thewhiskeywash.com/2016/04/28/master-distiller-jim-rutledge-formerly-four-roses-returns/

Get your wallets ready for Monday...maybe the coolest crowd sourcing ever.

NC ABC News: saw OGD 114 on shelf in wake county; new Bookers 2016-2 Annis' Answer is out, price of Bookers jumps $2 to $59.95 retail on Monday, Eagle Rare appears to be disappearing as OWA and BT have done over last year - no longer has shelf space assigned to it; plenty of Barrell Bourbon Batch 6 (getting great reviews) on the shelves at current time. State inventory shows large influx of HiGh West product coming soon.

Some pretty cool Jim Rutledge news: http://http://thewhiskeywash.com/2016/04/28/master-distiller-jim-rutledge-formerly-four-roses-returns/

Get your wallets ready for Monday...maybe the coolest crowd sourcing ever.

NC ABC News: saw OGD 114 on shelf in wake county; new Bookers 2016-2 Annis' Answer is out, price of Bookers jumps $2 to $59.95 retail on Monday, Eagle Rare appears to be disappearing as OWA and BT have done over last year - no longer has shelf space assigned to it; plenty of Barrell Bourbon Batch 6 (getting great reviews) on the shelves at current time. State inventory shows large influx of HiGh West product coming soon.

Saw that news on Rutledge this weekend. Very interesting!

I had another pour of Blanton's last night and holy hell that is some smooth stuff!

Found a 1.75L handle of EC12 (with the 12 on the front) just in time for the Kentucky Derby!

f5a25c73560c11766e9a426faf606ad9.jpg

Got this for $38 at Molly's in Denver. Not crazy that it is K, but for that price I couldn't say no.

Finished off a bottle of Breckenridge and put a big dent in a bottle of Blanton's this weekend.

I think I may have shared this here before, but I fucking love this drank. I had it at Acorn which is a dooooopppe restaurant in a doooppppe building the Source (also one of my favorite breweries Crooked Stave). Here is recipe (made a couple last night):

Pics of the source:
62014-the-source-denver2.jpg
'
1-btorchia-bonappetit-source-6842-1024x682.jpg

@discdude the source is awesome. Crooked Stave has some of the best sours I've ever had.

@discdude the source is awesome. Crooked Stave has some of the best sours I've ever had.

I have a wicked discount through my district up in Thornton at Total Bev on 104th (I guess compensation for the headache that is teaching up here). If you ever are looking to make a bulk bourbon purchase, let me know. I can meet you up there, and hook it up.

BTTT!

Picked up a bottle of High West and OGD 114 with some birthday money. $29 for the OGD 114, I paid like $16 for it in Kentucky last year!

The wife is going to Kentucky this weekend. Her girlfriends owe me a nice bottle for presence. I pray they don't bring back some overpriced garbage.

BTTT!

Picked up a bottle of High West and OGD 114 with some birthday money. $29 for the OGD 114, I paid like $16 for it in Kentucky last year!

What are your thoughts on the High West? I had my first pour last night and I'm on the fence. It's spicy and I guess I dig it enough for $30, but interested to hear your/y'all's thoughts.

What are your thoughts on the High West? I had my first pour last night and I'm on the fence. It's spicy and I guess I dig it enough for $30, but interested to hear your/y'all's thoughts.
Rendezvous is awesome

which high west? at $30 I assume double rye not rendezvous. i have a bottle of each but both unopened. only one i have tried is son of bourye..not bad, not great

I picked up some High West Yippee Ki-Yay the other day and it's pretty good. A little spendy, but I'm glad I picked it up. It's their double rye finished off in ex syrah and vermouth barrels.

Re: High West, I like the son of bourye. It got better for me with time. Also really liked this past year's Midwinters Night.

Back