• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

I picked up some High West Yippee Ki-Yay the other day and it's pretty good. A little spendy, but I'm glad I picked it up. It's their double rye finished off in ex syrah and vermouth barrels.

How much is it going for in your neck of the woods?

How much is it going for in your neck of the woods?

I think it was like $88. This shop is always too high though. I hadn't seen it in stores before so I was willing to pay the inflated price. Probs won't pay it again, but I'm glad I did this one time since it's interesting and different.

I think it was like $88. This shop is always too high though. I hadn't seen it in stores before so I was willing to pay the inflated price. Probs won't pay it again, but I'm glad I did this one time since it's interesting and different.

Ok not too bad. Saw it down here for $80 the other day. The store I was in has reasonable prices, but the high side of reasonable.

Is yippee ki yay worth $60? Just popped up at k&l at that price

Met a couple marketing people from Four Roses this week. They were very excited about Elliot's Select coming out.

The wife bought me a bottle of Jefferson's very small batch while in Kentucky, and in the mail yesterday a friend sent me an old bottle of Old Forester that he found with dust on the bottle in some backwoods south carolina liquor store.

Now I have 7 bottles of bourbon in the cabinet, and she has started with the "do you think you have enough bourbon" talk.

See what you guys have done. Enjoy your day!!

The wife bought me a bottle of Jefferson's very small batch while in Kentucky, and in the mail yesterday a friend sent me an old bottle of Old Forester that he found with dust on the bottle in some backwoods south carolina liquor store.

Now I have 7 bottles of bourbon in the cabinet, and she has started with the "do you think you have enough bourbon" talk.

See what you guys have done. Enjoy your day!!

We all aspire to be Bears and Deacs!

Last edited:
K&L has a sb OWA pick going up today or tomorrow for $27

Small town NC liquor stores continue to deliver. This time in Kings Mountain. There was a 2012 Evan Williams Single Barrel (bottled in 02) among the 16's that were sitting out. The bottle was older and had some dust on it. I believe B&D would call this a "dusty". A huge bargain at 28 bones.

What is the consensus of Jefferson's Ocean? My friend and I had some at a whiskey bar and thought it was pretty good. He bought a bottle of cask strength and I got a bottle of the regular. I kinda like the cask strength better.

What is the consensus of Jefferson's Ocean? My friend and I had some at a whiskey bar and thought it was pretty good. He bought a bottle of cask strength and I got a bottle of the regular. I kinda like the cask strength better.

I would recommend always going with cask strength if it's an option. If you want a lower proof just add water yourself.

Saw Wake get absolutely slaughtered by A&M last night.

Good news is I scored a bottle of Elmer T. Lee for $35.99 at a store down here. Been looking for this for months.

I may pick up the Knob Creek single barrel 120.....may have to add a little water, but it sounds interesting for about $35.

rj - you ever hit up hi times wine in costa mesa?

It's good but a bit overpriced. It does have a ton of things no one else does.

If you go there and don't call, I'll hunt you down.

Back