• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Brother gave me a fifth of 1792 Small Batch for Christmas. He had no idea it's one of my new go to bottles, just saw it and liked the way it looked.

Finishing up the calendar.

Jesus whiskey 23

a531004978e88ebacb36c4f00848de7b.jpg

Lots of Xmas spice with this one. Very savory. Very interesting and different from anything I've had before.

Little baby Jesus birthday eve whiskey

60cd175d87b3fc4d1cdf559a68dca056.jpg

This one is quite lovely. Figs, dark fruit, almost port like on the finish. A nice end to another fun calendar.

My father in law was gifted a bottle of 4 roses single barrel (not ours) How can you figure out what mash bill it comes from? I thought it would be right on the front of the bottle.

I broke into some 4 roses small batch, eagle rare, woodford double oaked, and Jack Daniels special reserve over the holiday, all at the in-laws. I just couldn't see opening new bottles.

My father in law was gifted a bottle of 4 roses single barrel (not ours) How can you figure out what mash bill it comes from? I thought it would be right on the front of the bottle.

I broke into some 4 roses small batch, eagle rare, woodford double oaked, and Jack Daniels special reserve over the holiday, all at the in-laws. I just couldn't see opening new bottles.

Is it a single barrel barrel proof or the 100 proof version? If it's the standard 100 proof single barrel then it is always the OBSV mashbill.

this probably need not be said but stay away from the Jim Beam Pre-Prohibition Rye. I tried to save some money and it's totally ruined my Christmas Manhattans. Way too sweet, no spice at all, tastes like you're just drinking a big glass of sweet vermouth. Going back to Bulleit unless anyone has other recommendations.

If you want to go cheap, Larceny makes a pretty good Manhattan. I use it when I have parties but other than that use Buffalo Trace.

this probably need not be said but stay away from the Jim Beam Pre-Prohibition Rye. I tried to save some money and it's totally ruined my Christmas Manhattans. Way too sweet, no spice at all, tastes like you're just drinking a big glass of sweet vermouth. Going back to Bulleit unless anyone has other recommendations.

If you want to go cheap, Larceny makes a pretty good Manhattan. I use it when I have parties but other than that use Buffalo Trace.

Rittenhouse or old overholt are good ryes

I'll second Rittenhouse. Bulleit is good, but Rittenhouse is a clear step up, IMO.

Just made a campfire blend greater than the sum of its parts from spare parts in my dads liquor cabinet. McClellands Islay single malt (not good) plus Beam pre-prohibition style rye (super not good) = decent campfire while sitting next to the fireplace.

No Rittenhouse to be had in Greensboro. I'm trying overholt, will report!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PHC4 tonight on this cold, wet, and potentially snowy night.

884159a44195081e2a2e40837fceaf59.jpg

Fuck. I want more of that. I went with a Russells Reserve pick to a 4R oeso pick to a SAOS 11 yr pick tonight. But I miss my PHC bottles. All I have left now are a few of the Malt bottles, which are ok.

Fuck. I want more of that. I went with a Russells Reserve pick to a 4R oeso pick to a SAOS 11 yr pick tonight. But I miss my PHC bottles. All I have left now are a few of the Malt bottles, which are ok.

You gotta make it back to ATL sometime. Plenty of #4 left and maybe we could open up a #1 or #3.

Back