• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Now onto a 8 year wheated Willett.

5e9428cfb6d93fa125303016739cb88d.jpg

While we are on this topic of bourbon abroad, I am going to be in Italy in the Spring. What might I be expected to find over there?

While we are on this topic of bourbon abroad, I am going to be in Italy in the Spring. What might I be expected to find over there?

There's still some old stuff over there although it can be expensive. Look for an "enoteca" - it isnt the same as a traditional liquor store that you would find in the US.

Picked up a bottle of this today

59654cd2c2569cbea6380609ab01b9ef.jpg

It's pretty fantastic stuff. Smoky, complex, smooth. I'm trying to up my tequila and mezcal knowledge and there's a shop near me that has a number of things I've never seen elsewhere.

Picked up a bottle of this today

59654cd2c2569cbea6380609ab01b9ef.jpg

It's pretty fantastic stuff. Smoky, complex, smooth. I'm trying to up my tequila and mezcal knowledge and there's a shop near me that has a number of things I've never seen elsewhere.

So the wife is gone and you're already out buying more liquor. Shit's gonna get cray.

Just got extremely lucky today. I was on the way back from a sales trip and stopped at a grocery store on the way back for a bottle of white wine for dinner. There was a very small (like 200 sq ft) package store next door so I stopped in. They had 3 bottles of Blantons, so I took all 3. This is the first time I have scored Blantons in a long time and the feeling was incredible. It's gonna be more incredible seeing the faces of the folks I give 2 of these to.

Just got extremely lucky today. I was on the way back from a sales trip and stopped at a grocery store on the way back for a bottle of white wine for dinner. There was a very small (like 200 sq ft) package store next door so I stopped in. They had 3 bottles of Blantons, so I took all 3. This is the first time I have scored Blantons in a long time and the feeling was incredible. It's gonna be more incredible seeing the faces of the folks I give 2 of these to.

This post is just bizarre to me. Blantons is everywhere out here. I just saw it at Vons for $45. I went with the $25.99 Bulleit 10 Year, which isn't worth the $45 it usually retails for, but is very much worth $26, IMO.

This post is just bizarre to me. Blantons is everywhere out here. I just saw it at Vons for $45. I went with the $25.99 Bulleit 10 Year, which isn't worth the $45 it usually retails for, but is very much worth $26, IMO.

Very limited quantities in SC and western NC if any at all. Most stores here have wait lists for it.

If I could even find it at $45, I'd buy a case as I paid $70.

Last edited:
At a friend's house tonight and he had a bottle of Elmer T. Lee. It was amazing. Comes from the same distillery as Pappy and is also a single barrel.

If you like Elmer and ever happen across a bottle of Rock Hill Farms, grab it. Same mash bill i believe, higher proof, outstanding.

Cracked my first bottle of Weller 12 tonight. Been sitting on it for 2 years. Damn. Where do I get more? Especially at the $28 I paid for it.

If you like Elmer and ever happen across a bottle of Rock Hill Farms, grab it. Same mash bill i believe, higher proof, outstanding.

Cracked my first bottle of Weller 12 tonight. Been sitting on it for 2 years. Damn. Where do I get more? Especially at the $28 I paid for it.

I love Rock Hill Farms, best bang for the buck IMO

Friend of mine found a bottle of Blantons last week down near Hilton Head. Paid $69 for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poll is up about barrel # 2 on the bourbon forum, just FYI...

Bought a bottle of small batch 1792, looking forward to trying it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back