• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Thanks for all the imput fellas. When we're talking prices is that for a fifth? I've only ever bought Early Times at the liquor store.

Nice. I've just recently decided that I need to cut back on my beer intake cause im gettin fat so I want to either get into wine or bourbon. Bourbon seems way cooler.

Blanton's, Elijah Craig 18, and Four Roses Small Batch are my go to sipping bourbons. All are in your price range. One single ice ball. I hate warm drinks, so I have to chill it down some.

Regular Beam if I'm mixing with cokes. In fact, thats the only way I can stomach it.

Blanton's, Elijah Craig 18, and Four Roses Small Batch are my go to sipping bourbons. All are in your price range. One single ice ball. I hate warm drinks, so I have to chill it down some.

Regular Beam if I'm mixing with cokes. In fact, thats the only way I can stomach it.

If you like coke as a mixer, you should pick up some pisco and make a piscola. It's what a lot of people drink in Chile, and it's pretty good.

lol. The only time I drink Beam is when I slam a few before heading into football games. I really dont like the stuff.

Alright im headed to the liquor store after work and will let you know what I go with. Gonna watch this past weekends Mad Men episode tonight so I think a little bourbon will be perfect.

Everything that's been listed is pretty solid. I'd like to add Basil Hayden to the list of "premium" bourbons around $50 (I think). I actually don't mind Makers Mark when I'm out. Because it's a wheated bourbon, I find that it drinks well on the rocks. You'll find what works for you...I typically like my bourbon with a single jumbo cube (http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/king-cube-silicone-ice-cube-tray/) unless it's a super premium bottle (Pappy 20 year), then I drink it neat.

If you insist on cooling your bourbon, buy stones.

because ice makes it way too cold and ultimately waters the drink down.

Rocks don't water down the drink.

Also, instead of buying stones, you can always just find pebbles, boil/sterilize and use those. Never understood why people pay for rocks in a bag.

I've found some killer deals on stones on the interwebs.

Meh...the water really only cuts the alcohol/proof. The impact it has on the flavor is minimal (nearly indistinguishable for most) or non-existent (if using distilled water) and I don't find the temperature to be extreme.

well your whiskey is frozen so you are missing most of the flavor anyway.

If you like coke as a mixer, you should pick up some pisco and make a piscola. It's what a lot of people drink in Chile, and it's pretty good.

Pisco Sours are a favorite summer drink after spending time in Peru.

Ahh yes, the old "you don't drink your Bourbon the right way" argument rears it's head again. The best way to drink bourbon is the way you like it. For most of the bourbons I drink, I like one cube to cool it down and add a little water. I've got stones, but don't find them to alter the temp much, and I end up adding a drop or two of water anyway.

Of course, real men go with the "RJtini" as discussed earlier in the thread.

Back