• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Dogs and bourbon are great. Both my dogs love ice cubes, and get especially excited at the Makers Mark Ice Balls. Our first decided to take a sip of some Irish Whiskey a while back and hilarity ensued. The other tried out some Blantons, and she wasnt very impressed either. Now when I ask them if they want some liquor, they turn and run.

My dog loves whiskey, tequila, and cigar smoke. He is pretty awesome.

got this guy in the queue waiting for something really good or really bad to happen
f76a18c6156111e2982122000a1f8c32_7.jpg

A friend brought down some Filibuster this weekend, which I tried for the first time. They make a bourbon and a rye, and they age it in both French and American oak. I loved the taste, and had hints of vanilla. Very smooth to drink, and reminded me of Makers Mark 46. You can apparently only get it around DC for now. I foresee that changing in the future though.

http://filibusterbourbon.com/

Filibuster-Bourbon-e1344866442392.jpg

I had bourbon for the first time this weekend. It was love at first taste. I'm so sad it took me this long to discover how amazing it is.

And I just found my dad's xmas gift.....I'm going to get one or two of the tasting sets...anyone have any suggestions?

I'll likely pick up a couple of these sets as well. I would think about the Japaneese set. They really are doing some remarkable things over there, but getting people to buy them is challenging. This set may give you pops a taste of something good that he may not otherwise buy. The Sherry Monster set also looks good.

I'll likely pick up a couple of these sets as well. I would think about the Japaneese set. They really are doing some remarkable things over there, but getting people to buy them is challenging. This set may give you pops a taste of something good that he may not otherwise buy. The Sherry Monster set also looks good.

I was looking toward something along the lines of tastes he likes, just with rarer selections....I'd hate to pay so much for something he wouldn't like.

I know he likes bourbon and Irish Whiskey, was thinking of those, or one of the peaty ones (uber-peaty or light-peaty) to give him an idea of how that affects the taste.

Obviously with $30+ shipping and sets around 60 bucks I can't go too expensive...will probably pick one up for me too.

I had bourbon for the first time this weekend. It was love at first taste. I'm so sad it took me this long to discover how amazing it is.

I have to ask where you are from? And how could you have been in Winston for 4 years without trying it at least once?

Back