• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Woo-Hoo! Just got a bottle of Pappy 20 at Frugal MacDoogal's in South Carolina. Just in time to celebrate a bowl eligibility victory over NCST

Woo-Hoo! Just got a bottle of Pappy 20 at Frugal MacDoogal's in South Carolina. Just in time to celebrate a bowl eligibility victory over NCST

I was out of town, but got an email from the CLT/Mecklenburg ABC on Monday that they had some Pappy 20 (and a few of the lessor years as well). Got an email less than an hour later saying they were all gone. Perhaps I should check around the ABC stores while I'm still in SC to see if I can find a bottle to take home later this week.

I'll be driving through Columbia. Is that where you found it?

Last edited:
I was out of town, but got an email from the CLT/Mecklenburg ABC on Monday that they had some Pappy 20 (and a few of the lessor years as well). Got an email less than an hour later saying they were all gone. Perhaps I should check around the ABC stores while I'm still in SC to see if I can find a bottle to take home later this week.

Try Burris Liquors if you're still in Charleston; they've been known to have a bottle tucked away.

Nope. The one in Fort Mill. They are all out not according to the e-mail I just received. Southern Spirits on Highway 521 has a couple of bottles of Pappy 23 for $400/bottle.

Try Burris Liquors if you're still in Charleston; they've been known to have a bottle tucked away.

Thanks! In Edisto at the moment, but will be heading back through Charleston on the way home. A bottle of 20 would be a nice way to celebrate bringing my son home.

Nope. The one in Fort Mill. They are all out not according to the e-mail I just received. Southern Spirits on Highway 521 has a couple of bottles of Pappy 23 for $400/bottle.

For starters, that price is crazy high. It's good, but I don't know if it's that good. On top of that, I think the 20 year is a better bourbon.

For starters, that price is crazy high. It's good, but I don't know if it's that good. On top of that, I think the 20 year is a better bourbon.

Agreed. I like the 20 better, although the 23 has a lot going for it. Even though I think $400 is way crazy high there are still people willing to shell out for it, so supply and demand I guess.

Picked up a $20 Rittenhouse Rye at the Country Club ABC yesterday, so smooth, I love it. I don't think I'd ever seen it there before.

My buddy (liquor rep) said that Woodford is selling for $29.99 with the 4 whiskey glasses at some ABC stores in NC. Trying to pick me one up before they run out as I think that is about 5 bucks cheaper than normal and Woodford has become my go to. Easier to buy nicer Whiskey/Bourbon once you have graduated (even if its from Cow College :cool:) and have a big boy job.

Middle of the road, but I'm Makers Mark drunk right now. Got an emai this week with my ambassador info. Woo hoo, 7 more years until I can drink it.

Middle of the road, but I'm Makers Mark drunk right now. Got an emai this week with my ambassador info. Woo hoo, 7 more years until I can drink it.

Keep up with the updates. I missed some of them and when I went to bottle mine, all gone. Booooo.

Had a bottle of Russells Reserve this weekend.. Was pretty damn good. I am not even close to an expert on Bourbon, but it was the smoothest I've ever tried.

Back