• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Makers just hit $30 a fifth here in OH. That removed it from my everday lineup and sent it to special occasion duty. So far Evan Williams has done a good job filling in.

GF bought me a handle of woodford yesterday to celebrate passing the bar. Great night. Rough morning.

45 pages on good bourbon. Maybe time to talk about bad bourbon and save space.

I recently picked up a bottle of Vintage 17 Year Bourbon. While it is a little spendy at $80/bottle, it is fabulous. I can't recommend it enough. If you can find it, pick it up.

1050792l.jpg

So I'm sitting here drinking Woodford reserve with my whiskey stones and watching football. I set it down beside my leg on the couch and the puppy chooses that moment to try to jump on the couch. Whiskey spills all over my leg and the dogs nose (which is quite furry, so he has a half ounce of 90 proof in his mustache). Cursing and hilarity ensues as the dog spends the next 10 minutes rolling around and scrubbing his nose on the floor trying to rid his nostrils of the scent of finely aged alcohol. Almost worth losing a couple dollars of fine bourbon (almost).

So I'm sitting here drinking Woodford reserve with my whiskey stones and watching football. I set it down beside my leg on the couch and the puppy chooses that moment to try to jump on the couch. Whiskey spills all over my leg and the dogs nose (which is quite furry, so he has a half ounce of 90 proof in his mustache). Cursing and hilarity ensues as the dog spends the next 10 minutes rolling around and scrubbing his nose on the floor trying to rid his nostrils of the scent of finely aged alcohol. Almost worth losing a couple dollars of fine bourbon (almost).

That is a funny story. I can picture it. I can also picture me swearing at the dog as my damn fine bourbon goes down the tubes.

Dogs and bourbon are great. Both my dogs love ice cubes, and get especially excited at the Makers Mark Ice Balls. Our first decided to take a sip of some Irish Whiskey a while back and hilarity ensued. The other tried out some Blantons, and she wasnt very impressed either. Now when I ask them if they want some liquor, they turn and run.

My parents came over to our new house yesterday and gave me a very nice housewarming gift. Midleton Single Cask 74060 1994 Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey. Only 250 bottles were made. They picked it up on their trip to Ireland last month for the Navy/ND football game. It's some mighty good shit.

preview_product1197.jpg

My parents came over to our new house yesterday and gave me a very nice housewarming gift. Midleton Single Cask 74060 1994 Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey. Only 250 bottles were made. They picked it up on their trip to Ireland last month for the Navy/ND football game. It's some mighty good shit.

preview_product1197.jpg

Quick google search tells me that set them back over $400. Crazy.

Back