• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Not bourbon I know, but Templeton Rye has shown up in KC. Not sure what other markets they are expanding distribution to, but if you see it, get a bottle. Best rye I've ever had.

Stopping off at the Galt House hotel on the drive back from the bowl game. I fully intend to rampage my way through several before the wife gets bored. Thankfully she has agreed to drive. I am looking more forward to that than the bowl game, although I really like Nashville.

Today's advent calendar whiskey is a Lephroaig 18 Jubilee Edition. Very peaty, but really fucking good. This might be my dad's x-mas present. He'd love it.

Why are we discussing dirty whiskey on the bourbon thread?

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Noah's Mill is fantastic if you can get your hands on it. And of course Basil Hayden is a good go to.

And while not Bourbon, but Bluecoat Gin put of Philly is awesome. Had a Gin & Tonic this Sunday when it was 70 in Raleigh and forgot how good Gin can be sometimes. I think it was the Bluecoat, though...

I know it's been discussed ad nauseam...but does anyone have a Pappy contact/store in NC for the holidays?

I know it's been discussed ad nauseam...but does anyone have a Pappy contact/store in NC for the holidays?

The Mecklenburg ABC sold out of their supply in something like an hour. :tard:

Lol..yeah right dude. If you haven't already gotten a bottle, it will be near impossible to find one still on the shelf somewhere.

Today is the anniversary of the end of Prohibition. If that doesn't call for some bourbon drinking, I don't know what does.

Today is the anniversary of the end of Prohibition. If that doesn't call for some bourbon drinking, I don't know what does.

Even better, just scored a ticket to see Willie at the Fillmore here in CLT. Whiskey and Willie sounds like a hell of a way to celebrate.

Today's advent calendar goodness was a Hibiki 17 yr produced by Suntory. The Japanese really do make some good whiskey.

images

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Noah's Mill is fantastic if you can get your hands on it. And of course Basil Hayden is a good go to.

And while not Bourbon, but Bluecoat Gin put of Philly is awesome. Had a Gin & Tonic this Sunday when it was 70 in Raleigh and forgot how good Gin can be sometimes. I think it was the Bluecoat, though...

Was about to pull the trigger on Noah's Mill last night, but ended up going with Four Roses instead. Facepalm

Yeah seriously, give us a list with reviews on all the advent drinks.

I'll do a full list with short reviews at the end, but yesterday's was a Lagavulin 16 yr. I've had this countless times. My dad loves it, and I like it, but it's not my favorite. It is smooth and I like the texture, but the peat is way overpowering. I know that's right in a lot of people's sweet spot, but Lagavulin takes it to a different level. As an after dinner drink to just relax with it's good, but starting off with it is not a great idea.

I peaked at today's selection but didn't think a 7:00 a.m. drink would be appropriate. It's a Caol Ila 12 year. I've had this a lot as well, though it's been a little while. I recall it being peaty, but nowhere near the Lagavulin. I will see tonight when I get home.

I'll do a full list with short reviews at the end, but yesterday's was a Lagavulin 16 yr. I've had this countless times. My dad loves it, and I like it, but it's not my favorite. It is smooth and I like the texture, but the peat is way overpowering. I know that's right in a lot of people's sweet spot, but Lagavulin takes it to a different level. As an after dinner drink to just relax with it's good, but starting off with it is not a great idea.

I peaked at today's selection but didn't think a 7:00 a.m. drink would be appropriate. It's a Caol Ila 12 year. I've had this a lot as well, though it's been a little while. I recall it being peaty, but nowhere near the Lagavulin. I will see tonight when I get home.

My dad drinks Lagavulin all the time. I keep a bottle at my house for when he comes. I agree with your comments. I like it, but the peat is over the top. It smacks you in the face before you get it to your lips.

Back