• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

I would just get it, you're not going to regret having that one of the shelf

I mean I'll pay you for it and your trouble if you want to pick it up and ship it out to cali :)

And, just before I could hit send, I got the call from the Meck ABC Board. There's a bottle of PVW20 with my name on it. Damn, now I've gotta decide whether to trade it for some of the bottles I need for my kids or keep it.

Nice. Same here. Scored the PVW20. Very excited about that.

Ah yes, getting a case of Weller antique to supplement my wedding bar

There were two bottles of Smooth Ambler Old Scout in Clemmons tonight. Hadn't seen it before so I picked up a bottle. I asked about a list for any of the hard to find stuff and they laughed. Said the Forsyth County allotment of Pappy was gone before they even got notified. Clerk said it all went to the restaurants.

Can I get on the Mecklenburg list for next year even though I don't live there?

Yeah. It's not a bad price. I could easily turn it around and that's what I'd be tempted to do. I'm just not to the point where I want a $250 bottle sitting on my shelf right now (especially not with the price listed on BBB). I purchased the 2014 SB Four Roses release this year, and this Pappy will be my second "big" purchase. I'm saving up the rest of my bourbon funds trying to track down releases from the years my kids were born. I need a 2008, 2010, 2012, and I'll need to track down a 2015 as well.

And, just before I could hit send, I got the call from the Meck ABC Board. There's a bottle of PVW20 with my name on it. Damn, now I've gotta decide whether to trade it for some of the bottles I need for my kids or keep it.

Where are you tracking this stuff down? I would like to get something from 2006 and 2011 but have no idea where to look.

Where are you tracking this stuff down? I would like to get something from 2006 and 2011 but have no idea where to look.

You can start by simply going in every liquor store you come upon. Its like a box of chocolates as you never know what you might find.

You can start by simply going in every liquor store you come upon. Its like a box of chocolates as you never know what you might find.

Doing that when I travel, but since I live in NC, I don't think there is much old stock laying around at the ABC stores. Going to be near the Baltimore Maryland area on Tuesday. Any know of good stores to hit while there?

I asked about a list for any of the hard to find stuff and they laughed. Said the Forsyth County allotment of Pappy was gone before they even got notified. Clerk said it all went to the restaurants.

That's lame. Charlotte split the Pappy allotment between restaurants and private purchases based on last year's total sales split (i.e. 36% restaurants, 64% private).

My County got 50 bottles of pappy and didn't give any to restaurants, or so they claim.

That's lame. Charlotte split the Pappy allotment between restaurants and private purchases based on last year's total sales split (i.e. 36% restaurants, 64% private).

I want to get on that list for next year! Got deets?

I want to get on that list for next year! Got deets?

You can signup on the Meck ABC site. That's all I'll give ya. If you can't figure it out from there, you don't deserve to compete to be first in line for the special release Bourbons. :thumbsup:

You can signup on the Meck ABC site. That's all I'll give ya. If you can't figure it out from there, you don't deserve to compete to be first in line for the special release Bourbons. :thumbsup:

Appreciate it! I'll figure it out!

Anyone planning on pouring tonight? Thinking about cracking open a new bottle. Currently have Four Roses Small Batch and W.L. Weller Special Reserve open. I have WT101, Smooth Ambler Old Scout, Eagle Rare, Evan Williams Single Barrel, and Henry McKenna BIB in waiting.

Anyone planning on pouring tonight? Thinking about cracking open a new bottle. Currently have Four Roses Small Batch and W.L. Weller Special Reserve open. I have WT101, Smooth Ambler Old Scout, Eagle Rare, Evan Williams Single Barrel, and Henry McKenna BIB in waiting.

Yeah buddy. Hoping to finish of the last of the Elmer T. Lee I've been working on.

Old Forester signature as a warmup, then probably going to open a Willett single barrel rye that I've been sitting on for a while.

Smooth Ambler would be my suggestion. Is the McKenna BIB non-chillfiltered?

Back