• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good business expressions

i don't think it's popular, nor do i like it

but i've heard it independently (not in the form of "let's double click on this" but instead as "i wanted to double click into this") from multiple people now yes

Last edited:
i think it's also confirmed at this point based on reactions to various CT posts that my office is full of business talk sickos

rhetorically saying the word “right” in the form of a question at the end of every other sentence

Pivot (fucking loathe this one, best used as a way of telling someone who works for you that they are going to have to make significant changes to cover for something you fucked up)

edit to add: double click sounds awful which means it’s only a matter of time before that one hits my org

i don't think it's popular, nor do i like it

but i've heard it independently (not in the form of "let's double click on this" but instead as "i wanted to double click into this") from multiple people now yes

Yeah I’ve heard someone say this recently and it really grates on me.

the real answer to the OP question is "the juice isn't worth the squeeze" because it's fun to say and who doesn't like juice
This is a good one, I’ve shortened this to ‘80/20 rule’ recently

My CIO uses ‘feedback loop’ a lot and now I use it

Agree that "pivot" is by far the worst. Other bad ones:

circle back
baked in
talk about this offline
leverage
this is your tea party

the monkeys thing is a Polish saying that circulated facebook like 2 or 3 years ago

Back