• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good business expressions

maybe this is just an army thing, but “run this up the flagpole” is my best contribution.

Intermittent performance degradation was one I heard from IT a lot at one job. I use it every now and then in a non-work environment. Like in the bedroom.

Not sure what's floating around these days, but an all time boner killer was "paradigm shift" back in the day.

And those fucking "who moved my cheese" seminars from around the same time, which of course became "who cut the cheese"?

Fucking stupid corporatisms. Hate them all.

First time I heard a guy say "that dog won't hunt" in a biz meeting I thought he had made it up on the spot, and it was a brilliant way to shoot down a bad idea. A week or so later I'm hearing it left and right; now when I hear it, it it sounds like nails on a chalk board.

I've heard my former two-up say, on multiple occasions, "it's a little bit of 'everybody's dog is nobody's dog'" and I still have no idea what the fuck she was talking about

I've done corp speak enough I think I can decode that, even though I haven't heard it.

Basically if there's some shared ownership of a task, not someone singularly responsible for it, then it effectively has no ownership and is likely to fail.

"Don't try to farm someone else's land"
"I'm taking the 30,000ft view"
"I'm sure there's a shape for this" - this was in Succession from the kids 1,000 times
"Let me look at this then I will circle back"
"Don't try to boil the ocean"
"Let's drill down on this idea"
"I don't have the bandwidth"

"You can't just go around dipping your balls in things"
dip-my-balls.gif

Back