• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good business expressions

I am in "Dare to Lead" Training. 90 minutes every week.

This Gem was posted about not being distracted during this training. FML

We will work to not...do other work at work while at work for this work.
Last week we had a mandatory company-wide webinar on time management and I was totally multi-tasking during it, drafting a proposal on one monitor and listening to the webinar on the other. #NotSorry

You can always channel your inner cowboy and respond with "fair to middlin".

A guy at my old company used to ask if you were "working hard or hardly working" and I wanted to end him.

You can always channel your inner cowboy and respond with "fair to middlin".

A guy at my old company used to ask if you were "working hard or hardly working" and I wanted to end him.
When someone asks me how I'm doing on a work call, I definitely use "living the dream" occasionally - which is awful, and so far from true.
Guy in our company, who was also one of the sharpest and most respected, would always respond “ain’t much to me”.

"You're fuckin this chicken. I'm just watching the feathers fly" is my favorite way to avoid making a decision. Followed closely by, "It looks good from my house"

My company just fired two VP level people. When I asked my manager what happened, he responded with “I’m a mushroom: I get fed shit and live in the dark.” I had never heard that one and while I found it funny, it wasn’t exactly inspiring.
That is s recycled classic. A former colleague had a caricature of such mushroom on the wall above his desk.

Back