• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good business expressions

Medicare anti kickback statutes really take the fun out of vendor lunch and learns in the healthcare world

yeah....had a feeling.
I suppose drinking at them is frowned upon also?
you know what else is hella lame? I work at a brewery and those who work out in the one in CA can have beers on the job/at lunch provided they're not gonna operate heavy machinery, etc after lunch. thanks to the lovely ABC laws in NC, no dice here. ironically we once had a taproom-only NA beer called "On the Clock" but since it technically contains a little alc employees couldn't have it during the workday.

I told my team a couple weeks ago, all of whom but 1 are older than me, to remember that "Friday represents 20% of the workweek. Let's finish strong."

I wanted to punch myself in the face.
i am completely using this.

The first day of each month, i congratulate my team on the previous month. Then I say "But i am salesmen not a historian, and as we enter December I welcome you to the most important month in the HISTORY of our Company division"

I get a lot of eye-rolls

Sounds like somebody did a drug deal before they wrote that PowerPoint slide.

That’s kind of a flat but harmless joke. I think Dare to Lead is the egregious business expression in your post.

it's not really a business expression but I hate the expression "understood the assignment" when someone takes something to the excess

Dare to Lead training could fill this entire thread:

Right now we are working on creating a "Brave Space for conversation"

Also- "how are you showing up today?" FML

My wife retired from banking last year; much of her time in small town branches with lots of customer contact, which she loved. However, she may or may not miss some of the following exchanges:
She: Good morning Joe, how are you?
Joe: Good...can't complain....wouldn't do no good anyways........nobody'd listen.

She: (on a Monday) how are you Joe?
Joe: It's been Monday all day!

Joe: (on a rainy day) nice day...for ducks.

Joe: I'm so broke, I can't even afford to pay attention.

She: have a nice day, Joe!
Joe: glad ya'll got to see me!

She: what can I help you with today?
Joe: ya'll got any free samples? (o.k. not original, but still kinda funny)

And of course thanks to the Geico commercial over 10 years ago, the obligatory "hump dayeee" on Wednesdays.

Finally, as Joe is leaving the branch on the last business day of the year: "see ya'll next year!"

Last edited:
Back