• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good Bye Danny

I have seen collapses like this. Staak, [Redacted] and now Manning.

Seems to me that Manning could have done a lot more in the last 5 secs. But the team should have made it totally unnecessary by hitting some FTs

Manning deserves credit for Wake Forest overachieving this season with wins over Indiana, UCLA, Arkansas, and LSU.

If he had TOs he should have taken it and got his young team on the same page.

You're an idiot. It's Manning's fault our team can't hit free throws?

Is it his fault our defense is SO bad? How many charges have we drawn this year? Maybe one? How many times has a defender blown by a defender only to have the other defenders either just stand there and watch an easy lay-up or lazily reach in for an "and one"?

maybe giving up 30 in the last six minutes had something to do with coaching?

I have seen collapses like this. Staak, [Redacted] and now Manning.

Yeah, I guess it's better to get blown out by Butler in the NCAA tournament under the guidance of a "beloved" coach than to throw away a game vs #11 in the regular season with an average team.

If he had TOs he should have taken it and got his young team on the same page.

Virginia didn't have any, so I think we were trying to prevent them from putting together a play. But then they got a free timeout anyways because the refs had to look over the clock situation.

Agree - the defense was as much of the issue as missing the foul shots. The team shoots 65% or so in ACC play so the missed foul shots should be expected by a coach who knows his team. Therefore a coach should be able to instruct the team to play a little defense over the last 45 seconds rather than letting 4 seconds run off the clock on each defensive stand.

Plenty of blame to go around and not sure an injured Thomas was the best to have in for defense at that time. Maybe a 7'1 guy to guard the rim? This season is well on its way to be a historically bad year in a down ACC and there is no excuse for this team to have one of the historically worst league records. If it turns out that way, the coach is a big part it because the roster is not as bad as the historically bad teams.

Manning deserves credit for Wake Forest overachieving this season with wins over Indiana, UCLA, Arkansas, and LSU.

Not sure if you're kidding, but this team has more talent than the results in ACC play. Just don't think much of Danny's bench skills. What he did at the end of the half against Syracuse (the lineup) was among the most inexplicable things I've ever seen a coach do. He continues to shun Moore who seems to play well every time he is in..... could go on, but what's the point.

Manning said he hopes our players don't sleep any tonight, I hope you don't either coach.

Yeah, I guess it's better to get blown out by Butler in the NCAA tournament under the guidance of a "beloved" coach than to throw away a game vs #11 in the regular season with an average team.

Are you seriously making an argument for Manning > Odom? I'll take Odom out of retirement right now.

Back