• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Google Chromecast

i am still waiting on the Steam Machine to become a reality. That may be what I buy instead of a XBone or PS4, but they keep delaying it which is annoying me.

I just pre-ordered the new Amazon Fire TV Stick. $20 if you are a prime member. I figured if nothing else it will help me stream The Wire (don't have HBO).

I went to Amazon to buy a Chromecast and was tempted on the Fire TV Stick, but the lack of HBO Go compatibility made me choose Chromecast. I don't need two of them. Maybe I'll start subscribing to Netflix too.

I bought one too. Was intrigued by the advertised hardware improvements compared to the Roku/Chromecast. Estimated delivery was mid-December, though. WTF

When they say ESPN, are they referring to just the flagship or everything (WatchESPN)?

So both my Chromecasts have stopped working consistently. The wifi is working fine with all other devices, laptop and cell phones. Have rebooted the Chromecasts, but nothing seems to work. It will say ready to cast on the tv but it will fail to turn the box blue on my phone.

I can cast netflix from the laptop.

Last edited:
i am doing a free trial of Sling TV and it is shit on Chromecast. Constant stutter and lag. Not sure whether to give up on Sling, or trash the Chromecast and get a Roku box.

i am doing a free trial of Sling TV and it is shit on Chromecast. Constant stutter and lag. Not sure whether to give up on Sling, or trash the Chromecast and get a Roku box.

New Chromecast or Original? The new one definitely seems a little better. That said, if other services play fine through your Chromecast, it seems more like a Sling issue.

New Chromecast or Original? The new one definitely seems a little better. That said, if other services play fine through your Chromecast, it seems more like a Sling issue.

Could it be a router issue? We replaced an 8 year old router the other day and everything runs much smoother and faster.

Sling and Chromecast constantly, never had any problems. Even on the first hardware issue Chromecast. Network at home is 100/10, and have an AC2600 wireless router (4 antenna, beamforming, mechanical vagina).

Other apps (Netflix) work fine on Chromecast. It's a first edition Chromecast. Sling doesn't work hardly at all. It could be a router issue I suppose, although the one I have is pretty new (can't remember specs). I have seen other complaints online about sling/chromecast. I'm going to look at the specs on the router when I have time.

Back