• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grantland on Wake Basketball

Reaction score
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9974855/mark-titus-acc-preview-duke-hard-hate-year

Coach on the Hot Seat — Jeff [Redacted] (Wake Forest)

I'm torn on Jeff [Redacted]. There's no denying he's an awful coach who never should have been hired by Wake Forest. You'd have an easier time explaining the final season of Lost to your grandparents than you would explaining how Dino Gaudio got fired from Wake Forest for going 61-31 in three seasons yet [Redacted] went 34-60 in his first three years and gets to keep his job. I know the "he must have incriminating pictures of his boss" joke is played out, but I'm not sure it's a joke in this case. After all, [Redacted] and Ron Wellman, Wake Forest's athletic director, have been friends for years. Maybe [Redacted] knows personal secrets. Nothing else really makes sense. I'd do a lot of things for my friends, but neither running my career into the ground nor defiantly taking a dump all over a college basketball program are among those things.

But here's the catch: If Wake Forest finally kicks [Redacted] to the curb, my favorite college basketball subplot will come to an end, so I'm kind of hoping he sticks around a while longer. I mean, the campaign Wake Forest fans started last season to get [Redacted] fired is just fabulous. There's the Twitter account, the #BuzzOut hashtag, the call-in radio show takeover, the ads in the Greensboro News & Record, the billboard, and best of all FireBz.com, which is unquestionably the best Fire[Coach's Name].com website I've ever seen. When [Redacted] goes, all of this glorious stuff goes with him. I know you can't wait for that day, Wake Forest fans, but how about you don't be so selfish? How about you consider the rest of America? We want to see you take the #BuzzOut campaign to even greater heights. We want to hear "HASH-TAG-BUZZ-OUT [clap, clap, clap-clap-clap]" chants during Wake Forest games. We want to see you video-bomb news reports like Joey Boots and yell, "Fire [Redacted]! Wellman eats farts!" We want to see you start a Kickstarter to raise money for a #BuzzOut Super Bowl commercial. This thing is just beginning. Don't be so eager to stop now.

Last edited:
FIRE [Redacted]! WELLMAN EATS FARTS! is now the clubhouse leader for the next billboard.

just wait till palma starts the billboard campaign

Grantland on W-S Journal? Linky fucky-fucked.

But holy shit that's a great comment.

Last edited:
FIRE [Redacted]! WELLMAN EATS FARTS! is now the clubhouse leader for the next billboard.

s7G6m1q.png

You'd have an easier time explaining the final season of Lost to your grandparents than you would explaining how Dino Gaudio got fired from Wake Forest for going 61-31 in three seasons yet [Redacted] went 34-60 in his first three years and gets to keep his job.

Fantastic line.

I'm so proud of each and every one of you. We are bringing the message of #buzzout to every corner of the nation.

Maybe we should make "It's a Bzaster" t-shirts and wear them to a game? That should please him.

Back