• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grantland on Wake Basketball

"HASH-TAG-BUZZ-OUT [clap, clap, clap-clap-clap]

This made me laugh out loud. No way the announcers at a game could ignore this if it got loud enough to be heard over the broadcast.

The way the Colgate game looked at halftime, there were certainly some murmurs.

"Grantland? Is that even a real publication? Who reads that blog filth anyway."

Over/under on mpg Mark Titus would play for Wake Forest right now? I say 12 mpg.

"Don't worry, none of our REAL fans and donors read the Internet, anyways."

Thanks to the Strattons, VT, RSF and to etc. if I failed to mention someone...

As I have commented many times, nothing is gained by fighting among the troops. All energies and focus must be directed @ the AD. The goal is to get Welman replaced and hopefully a recovery can commence...

Any chance we can further use this publicity in a Billboard, or at least as an update in the FireBz website?

Any chance we can further use this publicity in a Billboard, or at least as an update in the FireBz website?

I'd say use a large (but legible) portion of that article and stick it up on a billboard.

"Fire [Redacted]! Wellman eats farts!" - Mark Titus, bestselling author and contributor to Grantland.com

FireBz.com. FireRonWellman.com.

So, during which game will the "hash tag Bzz out chant" start?

Insofar as a lot of stuff has been said, but almost nothing has been done. How many posts about inflicting violence upon [Redacted], going BDS on the AD, writing letters, being REALLY pissed off, being APATHETIC, going to DO something, wanting to DO something, etc. have resulted in jack crap. From my vantage point, I've always been supportive of their efforts, in part, because I'm in no position to help out right now, which by extension means that I'm not really in the position to put those dudes on blast in public forums.

For as much as the Strattons, vtwhat, RedSoxFaithful, etc. have been lambasted over different periods of time, that article - or any of these pre-season articles, for that matter - doesn't get written without those guys.

I understand that there is an elitist streak against townies (though I really can't see why), and I understand that a lot of the recent ribbing has been more than deserved given some really stupid posts on the part of the Stratton clan, but I still can't understand why posters feel the need to criticize so strongly the only people doing anything to make this "movement" visible.

Like their methods or not, BuzzOut exists because of a bunch of non-Wake grads (and RSF/DV7) had the stones to put themselves out there when our fanbase did not. Maybe we are a truly miserable fanbase. It would seem that a little momentum would go a long way right about now.

well said.

*rubs eyes* Did the Strattons effort make it to Grantland before Irish?

Oh sweet, sweet validation.

If I'm a Stratt right now I'm grinning ear to ear.

Until of course I take the time to stumble across this whole Isaac Hass thing.

In honor of that awesomeness from Mark Titus, I give you more awesomeness from Mark Titus.

I'm sure most have seen it, but it's worth a re-post.

Insofar as a lot of stuff has been said, but almost nothing has been done. How many posts about inflicting violence upon [Redacted], going BDS on the AD, writing letters, being REALLY pissed off, being APATHETIC, going to DO something, wanting to DO something, etc. have resulted in jack crap. From my vantage point, I've always been supportive of their efforts, in part, because I'm in no position to help out right now, which by extension means that I'm not really in the position to put those dudes on blast in public forums.

For as much as the Strattons, vtwhat, RedSoxFaithful, etc. have been lambasted over different periods of time, that article - or any of these pre-season articles, for that matter - doesn't get written without those guys.

I understand that there is an elitist streak against townies (though I really can't see why), and I understand that a lot of the recent ribbing has been more than deserved given some really stupid posts on the part of the Stratton clan, but I still can't understand why posters feel the need to criticize so strongly the only people doing anything to make this "movement" visible.

Like their methods or not, BuzzOut exists because of a bunch of non-Wake grads (and RSF/DV7) had the stones to put themselves out there when our fanbase did not. Maybe we are a truly miserable fanbase. It would seem that a little momentum would go a long way right about now.

This dude gets it

So, during which game will the "hash tag Bzz out chant" start?

Which game do you expect there to be a crowd of Deacon fans large enough to start a chant?

nicely said. paws.

"HASH-TAG-BUZZ-OUT [clap, clap, clap-clap-clap]

This made me laugh out loud. No way the announcers at a game could ignore this if it got loud enough to be heard over the broadcast.

Getting the Joel to alternate sides with BUZZ-OUT would be even better (but would also require people to show up).

Easy there lurking law enforcement. This is bad grammar, not an endorsement of violence. Nobody endorses violence.

In all other respects, a hearty huzzah to Strickland33. $60,000.00 a year, and Grantland is writing about the Strattons! You paid too much for that muffler, private school cakeboys! Behold the Rise of the Public School Filth!

Back