• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grantland on Wake Basketball

Getting the Joel to alternate sides with BUZZ-OUT would be even better (but would also require people to show up).

It would be easier to do it at the football game against Duke. There may actually be people there, and the usual PC crowd won't have to worry about offending the players.

*rubs eyes* Did the Strattons effort make it to Grantland before Irish?

Yep. Though I don't think I've ever pitched them, because I keep my sports writing separate from my musings on 80s music and Napoleonic warfare. Regardless, good for them/vtwhatchacallhim/RSF/dv7/this board/Wake fans everywhere/America.

In related news, BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI.

Last edited:
Yep. Though I don't think I've ever pitched them, because I keep my sports writing separate from my musings on 80s music and Napoleonic warfare. Regardless, good for them/vtwhatchacallhim/RSF/dv7/this board/Wake fans everywhere/America.

In related news, BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI.

I love it when the underdog gets vindicated, but it's nice to see you're being a good sport about it. Keep your ear to the grindstone and one day you'll trade up to maple.

A man who owns a maple refrigerator can do anything he damned well pleases.

Haha, fair enough. Mark Titus may never know it, but he'll always be a Bro Angel of Maple Redemption around these parts.

In all honesty, though, the Strattons (and vtwhat etc) deserve a ton of credit for all of this. Recent events, aside, without the Strattons, we'd have DV7's sign and a bunch of passive aggressive musings on a private message board...

THIS ONE HURTS, BRO

In all seriousness, that is a great article and a fantastic series of posts by Strick. And I love love love the idea to get a BuzzOut Super Bowl commercial. That would be fantastic. We'd need some serious national support for that obviously, but it'd be the perfect statement.

Alternatively, weird billboards and buzz out chants should work just fine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

From the article, which or how many of the following things are actually Stratt-related?

"There's (1) the Twitter account (don't think that was stratt), (2) the #BuzzOut hashtag (don't think that was stratt - maybe dv7?), (3) the call-in radio show takeover (don't think that was stratt - caturday?), (4) the ads in the Greensboro News & Record (that might have been stratt - most likely candidate), (5) the billboard (don't think that was stratt - the article links to the May story, which i think was RSF?), and best of all (6) FireBz.com (don't think that was stratt - maybe vtwhat....?), which is unquestionably the best Fire[Coach's Name].com website I've ever seen."

1) not stratt. They have the fire [Redacted] account on Facebook, however.
2) me
3) caturday and 1 other
4) stratt
5) rsf
6) vtwhat

#teameffort. #ittakesavillage

In all seriousness, that is a great article and a fantastic series of posts by Strick. And I love love love the idea to get a BuzzOut Super Bowl commercial. That would be fantastic. We'd need some serious national support for that obviously, but it'd be the perfect statement.

Alternatively, weird billboards and buzz out chants should work just fine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

A national Super Bowl commercial would be impossible. Obviously.

One of those local commercials that airs during the Super Bowl pregame might be worth a look. Any clue what one costs?

One of those local commercials that airs during the Super Bowl pregame might be worth a look. Any clue what one costs?

If you want the CB audience, why not a commercial during Dook-Carolina?

I said I loved the IDEA, ph.

And I do. Because GOOD GOD WHAT IF WE DID THAT. You don't think we can get $2M raised with some help from national sportswriting attention? LET'S PROVE PH WRONG, EVERYONE.

CP3 we need one more assist!

Back