• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grantland on Wake Basketball

We couldn't have done it without the maple fridge, that's for sure.

Would love to be a fly on the wall of the Athletic Department this week. They may publicly ignore the billboards and articles, but I know this stuff has got to drive them crazy in private.

Would love to be a fly on the wall of the Athletic Department this week. They may publicly ignore the billboards and articles, but I know this stuff has got to drive them crazy in private.

Maybe Ron will call some more internal meetings and tell at the staff!

We couldn't have done it without the maple fridge, that's for sure.

In all honesty, though, the Strattons (and vtwhat etc) deserve a ton of credit for all of this. Recent events, aside, without the Strattons (and RSF's billboard heroics), we'd have DV7's sign and a bunch of passive aggressive musings on a private message board...

Last edited:
Any signs of public unrest and disgruntlement trumps having none at all. The billboards and websites have been effective in gaining national media attention.

Who's running firebz.com now? Someone needs to update that thing.

In all honesty, though, the Strattons (and vtwhat etc) deserve a ton of credit for all of this. Recent events, aside, without the Strattons, we'd have DV7's sign and a bunch of passive aggressive musings on a private message board...

in fairness, that sign was held up VERY aggressively from a seated position

"HASH-TAG-BUZZ-OUT [clap, clap, clap-clap-clap]

This made me laugh out loud. No way the announcers at a game could ignore this if it got loud enough to be heard over the broadcast.

This would require people to attend the games.

In all honesty, though, the Strattons (and vtwhat etc) deserve a ton of credit for all of this. Recent events, aside, without the Strattons, we'd have DV7's sign and a bunch of passive aggressive musings on a private message board...

I don't think there's been much of the passive-aggressive nature regarding [Redacted]

You know, you see this in print and Wellman's loyalty to bzzz looks absolutely ridiculous. We know it. The media knows it. Fans of other schools know it. Why doesn't Wellman get it? Or Hatch? Or the BOT?

Things like this article just make me more frustrated with the idiocy known as WF Athletics.

I can practically hear the rationalization/shooting of the messenger (Mark Titus) going on in the AD halls right now. "He's a troublemaker, you know! An uncultured writer who didn't have any grit when he walked on to OSU! Why, look at that cover of his book? SO uncultured. That's why he was mean to us, no other reason!"

I can practically hear the rationalization/shooting of the messenger (Mark Titus) going on in the AD halls right now. "He's a troublemaker, you know! An uncultured writer who didn't have any grit when he walked on to OSU! Why, look at that cover of his book? SO uncultured. That's why he was mean to us, no other reason!"

"Grantland? Is that even a real publication? Who reads that blog filth anyway."

Over/under on mpg Mark Titus would play for Wake Forest right now? I say 12 mpg.

Absolutely.

I don't think there's been much of the passive-aggressive nature regarding [Redacted]

Long live the Strattons! Irish: Maple is for closers. Put down the maple.

Insofar as a lot of stuff has been said, but almost nothing has been done. How many posts about inflicting violence upon [Redacted], going BDS on the AD, writing letters, being REALLY pissed off, being APATHETIC, going to DO something, wanting to DO something, etc. have resulted in jack crap. From my vantage point, I've always been supportive of their efforts, in part, because I'm in no position to help out right now, which by extension means that I'm not really in the position to put those dudes on blast in public forums.

For as much as the Strattons, vtwhat, RedSoxFaithful, etc. have been lambasted over different periods of time, that article - or any of these pre-season articles, for that matter - doesn't get written without those guys.

I understand that there is an elitist streak against townies (though I really can't see why), and I understand that a lot of the recent ribbing has been more than deserved given some really stupid posts on the part of the Stratton clan, but I still can't understand why posters feel the need to criticize so strongly the only people doing anything to make this "movement" visible.

Like their methods or not, BuzzOut exists because of a bunch of non-Wake grads (and RSF/DV7) had the stones to put themselves out there when our fanbase did not. Maybe we are a truly miserable fanbase. It would seem that a little momentum would go a long way right about now.

Insofar as a lot of stuff has been said, but almost nothing has been done. How many posts about inflicting violence upon [Redacted], going BDS on the AD, writing letters, being REALLY pissed off, being APATHETIC, going to DO something, wanting to DO something, etc. have resulted in jack crap. From my vantage point, I've always been supportive of their efforts, in part, because I'm in no position to help out right now, which by extension means that I'm not really in the position to put those dudes on blast in public forums.

For as much as the Strattons, vtwhat, RedSoxFaithful, etc. have been lambasted over different periods of time, that article - or any of these pre-season articles, for that matter - doesn't get written without those guys.

I understand that there is an elitist streak against townies (though I really can't see why), and I understand that a lot of the recent ribbing has been more than deserved given some really stupid posts on the part of the Stratton clan, but I still can't understand why posters feel the need to criticize so strongly the only people doing anything to make this "movement" visible.

Like their methods or not, BuzzOut exists because of a bunch of non-Wake grads (and RSF/DV7) had the stones to put themselves out there when our fanbase did not. Maybe we are a truly miserable fanbase. It would seem that a little momentum would go a long way right about now.

Agree with all that. But apathy and passive-aggression are two entirely different things.

Spot on.

Back