• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grass or Booze?

0fc.gif

Wait, what job does this guy do for a living? I don't think I remember him mentioning his profession.

On the way to the grocery store tonight I walked by a group of what looked to be three 17 year-olds and two 10 year-olds and one of the younger two was smoking a J. No way smoking that young doesn't have long-term effects on the brain.

On the way to the grocery store tonight I walked by a group of what looked to be three 17 year-olds and two 10 year-olds and one of the younger two was smoking a J. No way smoking that young doesn't have long-term effects on the brain.

I was at Summer Jam a few years back, and these two kids that couldn't have been more than 12 were sitting there just rolling blunt after blunt. Like perfect blunts for three or four hours. I was a little worried for them and also impressed.

My wife and I actually have talked about this. The answer is definitely pot.

Coincidentally my 12 yo daughter and I were just talking about marijuana legalization in Colorado. I basically told her the same thing as in the article. Alcohol much worse. She was so surprised by that. It's amazing the anti-drug teaching they get in school.

Similarly, would you rather your kids listen to Jerry Garcia do a 5 minute guitar solo while Phil Lesh bounces interesting bass notes off of it, or some rapper brag about his bitches and money and how tough he is for 5 min?

Similarly, would you rather your kids listen to Jerry Garcia do a 5 minute guitar solo while Phil Lesh bounces interesting bass notes off of it, or some rapper brag about his bitches and money and how tough he is for 5 min?

Obviously the former, but I've already lost that battle. I can still get her to smoke pot though.:p

Coincidentally my 12 yo daughter and I were just talking about marijuana legalization in Colorado. I basically told her the same thing as in the article. Alcohol much worse. She was so surprised by that. It's amazing the anti-drug teaching they get in school.

It's not just school teaching, though. Watch any television show, open the fridge in the vast majority of homes in America, cruise through the grocery/gas station/drug store... and what do you see? Beer. Beer everywhere. It's hard to fathom something so ubiquitous as being worse than an illegal drug.

health education in america needs a monster overhaul.

0fc.gif

Your avatar--irony?

Do you think 12 year olds should be getting pro-drug teaching?

Back