• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grass or Booze?

0fc.gif

Yeah but Bitches and Money is just in such poor taste.

the dead were all about bitches and money, dude

Do you think 12 year olds should be getting pro-drug teaching?

I didn't come anywhere near saying that.

I think they should be getting the truth.

During are conversation I educated her that no one as ever died of smoking too much pot. She thought it was "millions."

Don't be a douche.

It's not just school teaching, though. Watch any television show, open the fridge in the vast majority of homes in America, cruise through the grocery/gas station/drug store... and what do you see? Beer. Beer everywhere. It's hard to fathom something so ubiquitous as being worse than an illegal drug.

Yeah I get why.

Not illegal in your great state lbE08

During are conversation I educated her that no one as ever died of smoking too much pot. She thought it was "millions."

Don't be a douche.

don't ask the impossible

Don't be a douche.

I think you meant to say that no one has ever ODed on pot. Let's not pretend it has no negative long term side effects, like lung cancer or the effects of its use on 12 year old brains. By all means, present as evenhanded a picture as you want to your 12 year old, but don't be so shocked if others think 12 year olds aren't quite old enough to understand that "no one has ever died from smoking too much pot."

And that's kindof the point.

I think you meant to say that no one has ever ODed on pot. Let's not pretend it has no negative long term side effects, like lung cancer or the effects of its use on 12 year old brains. By all means, present as evenhanded a picture as you want to your 12 year old, but don't be so shocked if others think 12 year olds aren't quite old enough to understand that "no one has ever died from smoking too much pot."

Do you drink? Honest question.

Thanks for telling me how to raise my 12 year old.

Douche

Yes. I also used to smoke weed on a daily basis.

Ok, just wondering because you sound like you take a more extremist/abstinence approach to drug education (rather than presenting a more honest picture of what different substances actually do).
If we presume that DARE is a terrible method for teaching kids about drugs, what do you suggest?

D.A.R.E. was the biggest farce of my generation.
The kids that went through DARE will be the ones to legalize pot as adults

Honestly, DARE taught us all about drugs way before we would have on our own.

Oh so that's a bong? How do you use it? And the effects are euphoria, sleepiness and you think everything is funny? Sounds awful

Do you think 12 year olds should be getting pro-drug teaching?

That's cool lie to your children. I will be honest with mine.

Back