• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great Movies That Have Also Aged Non Poorly

Some of the replies on this thread are mind boggling. Movies like Star Wars, Terminator 2, and Back to the Future are just as good today as they were when they came out, regardless of technological advances.

I was thinking of something like the LOTR trilogy. Revolutionary when they came out, but now are just hard to watch. It's nine goddamn hours to tell a story they could've banged out in 2.5. I never bothered with The Hobbit, but I'm sure it's even worse considering LOTR was at least three separate books.

Some of the replies on this thread are mind boggling. Movies like Star Wars, Terminator 2, and Back to the Future are just as good today as they were when they came out, regardless of technological advances.

I was thinking of something like the LOTR trilogy. Revolutionary when they came out, but now are just hard to watch. It's nine goddamn hours to tell a story they could've banged out in 2.5. I never bothered with The Hobbit, but I'm sure it's even worse considering LOTR was at least three separate books.

you do realize this thread is for movies that have not aged poorly, right

You are definitely the first person I've ever heard suggest that the LOTR trilogy has aged poorly. Are they long? Yes. Does that affect your interest in sitting through them again? Yes. But they haven't aged poorly from a CGI or dramatic perspective.

Also, the clip from Breakfast Club is hilarious to me. I've run into Emilio a bunch of times. He's tiny. Amazing what camera perspective can do.

Grief. LOTR was boderline unwatchable then and defs now.

Also, srly go back and watch 16 Candles and Pretty In Pink. Sure both are dumb 80s movies but PiP is clearly superior.

Although, on second thought, I am sure there are more posters here who's teenage experience mirror's Anthony Michael Hall's Hughes characters as opposed to McCarthy or Spaders, so mebbe makes sense.

PiP is peak Spader. PEAK

james-spader-pretty-in-pink-2.gif

35f98d4eb344e8a7895256591ad0b547.jpg

224c0c20c0b397d69880d0871970c4d16c11339f_hq.gif

I agree with TAB on LOTR.

Grief. LOTR was boderline unwatchable then and defs now.

Also, srly go back and watch 16 Candles and Pretty In Pink. Sure both are dumb 80s movies but PiP is clearly superior.

Although, on second thought, I am sure there are more posters here who's teenage experience mirror's Anthony Michael Hall's Hughes characters as opposed to McCarthy or Spaders, so mebbe makes sense.

PiP is peak Spader. PEAK

james-spader-pretty-in-pink-2.gif

35f98d4eb344e8a7895256591ad0b547.jpg

224c0c20c0b397d69880d0871970c4d16c11339f_hq.gif

I think that Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink are different enough movies that they shouldn't really be compared. Candles was a straight forward comedy. Pink was more of a drama. And Spader is awesome in it.

Field of Dreams (if you can get past the mom-jeans on Amy Madigan)

Something about Spader rubs me weird just like the Moss lady fella from the new future Hulu thing. can't put my finger on it.

Back