• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Griffin wins Heisman!

I live in TX and have a Baylor alum wife, in-laws, nieces, etc. Been following this kid since he was recruited and attended several Baylor games in Waco and UTx. This guy is the real deal - great passer (still or moving), throws a beautiful deep ball, He stands in pocket and doesn't run first like Vick, but when he runs he is often the fastest guy on the field. Couldn't be happier for this guy. And let me say I've never once heard or seen this guy call attention to himself (Team yes, individual no). Class act.

I live in TX and have a Baylor alum wife, in-laws, nieces, etc. Been following this kid since he was recruited and attended several Baylor games in Waco and UTx. This guy is the real deal - great passer (still or moving), throws a beautiful deep ball, He stands in pocket and doesn't run first like Vick, but when he runs he is often the fastest guy on the field. Couldn't be happier for this guy. And let me say I've never once heard or seen this guy call attention to himself (Team yes, individual no). Class act.
Well said... from another with a Baylor alum wife! (who is out of control now that her Bears have both hoops and football in the Top 15!!)

The kid is also finishing a masters degree and wants to attend law school, I have a lot of respect for someone who has so much God-given talent and yet keeps such a grounded perspective on what its all about. Very refreshing in today's college football world.

Owusu is a very good WR although he was done after the USC game. He had 3 good TEs as well.

...and Owusu was hurt for the Oregon game, leaving him with Griff Whalen (the lesser of the two brothers) and Ty Montogomery (a freshman making his first start)

I was pulling for Luck or RG3 to win it. Just as long as it wasn't Richardson. Ball would have been 3 for me but there's no way he would have finished in the top 3 with so much SEC dick-riding going on at the Worldwide Leader in Sports

Talk to Baylor folks and they will tell you that RG3 is all about "Baylor" and not about himself. Even in his supposedly arrogant remark about the Heisman, he said Baylor, not RG3. I thought it was pretty clear that it was a shout-out to his teammates and the university.

He was so improved this year that it was ridiculous. He always had a gun and better accuracy than most mobile QBs, but it was at an entirely different level this year. It was as if he couldn't miss, especially on the deep balls. Not only was his deep ball accuracy improved, but it may well have been the best deep ball I've EVER seen from a QB. It was that consistent. And as we all know, I'm a BXII homer and watch a lot of pass happy offenses. Jason White may have been the only guy who came close to matching RG3's skill on the deep ball, and JW threw a damn good deep ball...still not as good as RG3's this year though.

We had Griffin in trouble in BB&T but Grobe decided Woodlief was better than our leading tackler, Midgette.

Dom sat the entire game because Grobe did not realize from practices that Midgette would become our leading tackler that year, and Woody whiffed a tackle late For The Loss.

I'm glad RGIII won it, but I seriously haven't understood in the last few weeks how Montee Ball didn't get more hype. His numbers are insane.

I was thinking the same thing. He led the nation in rushing yards and rushing touchdowns. He had 2 or more touchdowns in every game this season. I'm certainly not saying RGIII didn't deserve to win because I think he is an incredible athlete. I'm just a little surprised that Ball was never really in the conversation

I think it's just SEC hate. Mathieu was particularly entertaining in interviews. The guy can't even form a coherent sentence.

I did not know that the Heisman vote was a toastmaster event? I thought it was for the best football player in the country.

I did not know that the Heisman vote was a toastmaster event? I thought it was for the best football player in the country.

Yea but if you think the Heisman doesn't want someone that can at least speak some semblance of English you don't understand the award at all. And the LSU kid isn't close to the best player in the country. He's not even the best CB on his team IMO.

Last edited:
Yea but if you think the Heisman doesn't want someone that can at least spoke some semblance of English you don't understand the award at all. And the LSU kid isn't close to the best player in the country. He's not even the best CB on his team IMO.

Irony

+1. Literally made me lol.

Lollers. Good catch guys. Guess thats what you get when you start out wanting to say "well spoken" and decide on structuring the sentence to say speaks. Went back through and edited it as to not give anyone else a laugh. :thumbsup:

Lollers. Good catch guys. Guess thats what you get when you start out wanting to say "well spoken" and decide on structuring the sentence to say speaks. Went back through and edited it as to not give anyone else a laugh. :thumbsup:

Lol. Good try but it's still in the quote by BBD. :thumbsup:

Defensive players are fucked when it comes to the Heisman, just like WRs usually are. QBs are in on every play and RBs are in on the second most plays. That is why those positions, with rare exception, win the Heismans. WRs take a lot of plays off, as do DBs. IMO, linemen and LBs should get more attention for the Heisman, but it's not gonna happen.

Back