• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe: "I didn't pay attention to who the coaches were putting in."

The OL issues were Grobe's responsibility as head coach. He fixed a problem that his staff created. It's like when pols give themselves credit for fixing problems that they created (i.e. Clinton and the democratization of mortgages comes to mind). You've got a point about the DL and I'm a bit more sympathetic to that, but it's not really all that different. As a head coach, Grobe's responsibility is to ensure that he's got the best position coaches to fulfill his vision as head coach. That's a good CEO.

He's brought in good positional guys over the past couple of years, but his #2 is still the weakest link, known to almost everybody who seriously follows ACC or Wake football, and he's done absolutely nothing to address it.

What's dishonest, IMO, is to claim that these post-fresh deacs problems and the way that they have since been addressed are Grobe successes, instead of merely correcting his regime's failures.

I think we fundamentally agree, though.

I don't think anyone is suggesting this. I would guess that if asked about it Grobe would agree with you on the bold.

Back