• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe Stepping Down - Press Conference @4:15

you agree with the whole column? This? For that, Wake Forest and college football have lost.

We've lost in the sense that it would be great if the fairy tale had an happier ending.

As much as anything, though, that's pretty clearly the kind of throw away line you use to conclude a piece that's talking endlessly about class and dignity (a piece that completely refutes the post I quoted).

re: class and dignity, you folks realize that for anyone outside of WF his departure looks like anything but, right? folks are shaking their head about how we helped nudge him out the door.

No they aren't.

re: class and dignity, you folks realize that for anyone outside of WF his departure looks like anything but, right? folks are shaking their head about how we helped nudge him out the door.
If we soooo influential, then why is Wellman and Bzz still in business? Why would a man making 2+ million per year listen to us? 5 straight losing seasons and a bare cupboard for next year had more to do with it.

The wrong guy quit first today.

MV5BMTY2MDYzMjg2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTYxODc4._V1._SX485_SY325_.jpg

Who are all these people shaking their heads? So far, the feedback from SEC and ACC fans I know has been "about time Wake moved on."

I didn't say they were right. I explained that something had to change. But lots of people think Wake will never hire a better Coach than Jim Grobe. We will just have to prove them wrong.

So randos on the street. Not anyone who actually knows crap about crap, or has any sway over public opinion. Got it.

There are high school coaches who think that. And that is a perception we must change.

Back