• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#GrobeOUT

He sure looked like he was done when he embraced Jimbo there at the end. Love Grobe and appreciate what he's done for Wake in the past, but it's best for all parties if he powers it down after this year. Hell, promote him to AD for all I care. He can't be worse than Ron.

Glad I am not the only one who thought that. You can only say so much to the coach who just pounded you from the start; seemed like Grobe was taking his time saying "so long" to Jimbo.

J.P. Mundy ‏@JP_Mundy 3m
"Well, that was interesting" - Grobe

Haha, just retire, Jim.

Can we talk about how stupid sd3 looks for starting this thread?

He sure looked like he was done when he embraced Jimbo there at the end. Love Grobe and appreciate what he's done for Wake in the past, but it's best for all parties if he powers it down after this year. Hell, promote him to AD for all I care. He can't be worse than Ron.

Really? You want the guy who won't get rid of Lobo in charge of hiring and firing coaches?

Oh come on Ph, you really don't think he is?

Dude may not be emotional on the sidelines but I don't think there's any doubt he cares deeply

Neither his actions or words show he is humiliated.

cares enough to make the changes needed?
Right...I think if he truly cared and the fire was still in the belly, he'd have made necessary personnel changes. I think instead he weighed it carefully and determined that he'd risk his legacy because the family thing was more important to him. He knew it would be a risk, so he decided they had to do something to shake up the offense and appease the fanbase. Hence the ill-fated switch to the option.

He doubled down on his bet and has lost big time. He doesn't even have many more chips to play at this point.

With their track records, his top assistants are going to have a hard time landing on their feet once Grobe stops coaching. Hard to avoid the suspicion that everybody is in it for the $$$ at this point. Nothing has seemed to work well since around 2008.

With their track records, his top assistants are going to have a hard time landing on their feet once Grobe stops coaching. Hard to avoid the suspicion that everybody is in it for the $$$ at this point. Nothing has seemed to work well since around 2008.

The main reason I think Grobe won't retire.

Wake's top assistants should land jobs but it will probably be FCS coordinators at best or FBS position coaches. Hope they have invested their $ wisely.

They did (albeit wrongly) attempt to come up with a completely new offense as a result of last season's meltdown. Changing the staff would be the right approach, but it's not like they haven't TRIED to make things better.

Last edited:

I thought the same thing- looked like he said "I've enjoyed it" to Jimbo...can't really imagine he would say he enjoyed getting demolished and embarrassed today on his home turf, but maybe Jim likes it rough?

Wake's top assistants should land jobs but it will probably be FCS coordinators at best or FBS position coaches. Hope they have invested their $ wisely.

Wonder how much Lobo makes after 11 years as a BCS conference OC.

Apparently old Nathan stuck his foot in the mouth for the second time at a major athletic event. First the ribbon cutting for the Tower and then 5 years later unveiling the Palmer statue. After 8 years you would think he would realize that he is the president of Wake, and not Notre Dame. He needs to be retired if it happens again. He has a real bad case of ND-envy.

He said Notre Dame instead of Wake at the pep rally before the ND game as well.

What a shit show.

I have wondered that as well. I would think he has made enough to have a pretty comfortable future.

Sub-$200k I bet.

Grobe got himself paid, not his assistants.

Sub-$200k I bet.

Grobe got himself paid, not his assistants.

The word at the time was that his assistants got paid and got 2 year contracts. I've been assuming $200k just based on longevity.

Back