• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#GrobeOUT

Lol. Lembo throws for the end zone up 41-17 on 4th and 4 from the 25 with five minutes left. Defs not getting the Wake job now, because apparently he has a nutsack.

Lol. Lembo throws for the end zone up 41-17 on 4th and 4 from the 25 with five minutes left. Defs not getting the Wake job now, because apparently he has a nutsack.

Tell me this is true. After so much scared to embarrass the opponent crap from Grobe and co. I would love to have a coach that had some "fire in the belly" and wasn't scared to ruffle some feathers.......Grobe was like that in year 1 and 2 - the cut blocks drove the ACC crazy. Too bad that Grobe left when the $$$$$$ showed up.

Tell me this is true. After so much scared to embarrass the opponent crap from Grobe and co. I would love to have a coach that had some "fire in the belly" and wasn't scared to ruffle some feathers.......Grobe was like that in year 1 and 2 - the cut blocks drove the ACC crazy. Too bad that Grobe left when the $$$$$$ showed up.

Hatch arrived, admissions changed their tune even more, hello Martha Allman.

If Grobe was to take a walk. I'm not sure we would have much competition for a new coach. If you look at the BCS teams, I see only Iowa St as a team at the bottom of a conference that didn't hire their coach in the last year or two. But , Wellman would fuck it up.

Last edited:
If Grobe was to take a walk. I'm not sure we would have much compitition for a new coach. If you look at the BCS teams, I see only Iowa St as a team at the bottom of a conference that didn't hire their coach in the last year or two. But , Wellman would fuck it up.

That's the other side of the 4 straight losing seasons stat. Most teams at the bottom of college football have a coach in his 2nd or 3rd year with a few in their 4th and Duke and EMU in their 5th. EMU will probably look elsewhere but that's about it.

Coach Odom actually crashed Grobe's radio show last night and said on air that the players need to view this game as an opportunity.

He emphasized that we are the only team in the country that gets to play #2 F$U tomorrow and this is the reason that the players came to Wake!

Good stuff! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
On the one hand I love that, on the other hand, never forget his easier to recruit with the name of the state thing.

If we were going to hire a new HC. Would you rather go after a mid major head coach or a asst from an SEC team. I say SEC because I wouldn't go after an ACC asst. and the SEC guy could recruit our areas well.

If we were going to hire a new HC. Would you rather go after a mid major head coach or a asst from an SEC team. I say SEC because I wouldn't go after an ACC asst. and the SEC guy could recruit our areas well.

For football I'd rather go after an assistant at an SEC school or from any other strong program. I'd want them to bring in the knowledge of what a major program is like and get us vamped up to speed. For basketball I would just go after the best HC I could find because Wake Forest recruits itself if the coach is halfway competent.

I would assume everyone would hate the idea of Jeff Tedford. Personally, I think he got a bad rap at Cal. If I could take any coach to take over it would be Kirby Smart. Thats about as likely as Shaka for basketball.

philipmontgomery_display_image.jpeg

Philip Montgomery. Surprised nobody is talking about him.

His phone should be ringing after this season.

Back