• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Growing Up in the Carolinas

I could argue a few points, but since I'm a NC native, I'm not predisposed to argue.

Any article written about the Carolinas that legitimizes Darius Rucker's cover of Wagonwheel is nothing more than drivel

North Carolinians also deal with the influx of Ohioans. And agree with the cheerwine fail.

I do agree with Ohio sucking a fat one though. There is a reason the Wright Bros left your shitty state to fly at Kitty Hawk.

ee220e9e8a83d420f25c8e8007ada32a2ff5292ce67c2931f07821a6063bd924.jpg

Never knew Cook Out was a "Carolina Thing”.

Would love to own a house one day with a wrap around porch. Maybe even hook a hammock up in the corner.

Never knew Cook Out was a "Carolina Thing”.

Would love to own a house one day with a wrap around porch. Maybe even hook a hammock up in the corner.

Cook Out has only franchised outside of NC for a few years.

I can certainly go along with #s 1, 2 and 7. Carolina in My Mind is a nice song, I long for really good bbq (VA isn't a good bbq state), and shrimp and grits is a great dish (though I associate that with low country SC more than NC). As for the rest of it, I ain't no Carolinian. Hate sweet tea and cheerwine. While I used to habit Bojangles frequently in college and loved it back then, my stomach can no longer take that level of grease, and I'm not a Chic Fila fan at all. Don't drink moonshine or have a screened in porch. Never been to a Cook Out and never really liked swimming. And I never understood the vitriol for Ohio. My folks used to live in Akron and visited there several times. Great weather in the Summers and god awful weather in the Winters, and the latter is an understatement. But outside of the Winters and Dayton, which is horribly depressed, I don't get what is so terrible about Ohio. And while James Taylor is great, Darius Rucker blows. And my Civil War hero is William Tecumseh Sherman. Sorry Columbia.

Canned biscuits? Why a pic of canned biscuits? Boooo

James Taylor- BOOOO

Everything else is right on. The only rotten thing about NC is Chapel Hill...other than that hell hole, NC is awesome.

State population X dislikes interlopers from state Y (who supposedly only serve to clog roadways, steal jobs, take over vacation spots, and flaunt their different culture).

I believe the Ohio bit may have been a passive-aggressive euphemism for Yankees.

State population X dislikes interlopers from state Y (who supposedly only serve to clog roadways, steal jobs, take over vacation spots, and flaunt their different culture).

I believe the Ohio bit may have been a passive-aggressive euphemism for Yankees.

Nope Ohio is the worst. Growing up in SC they would arrive en masse every summer. When I was little, I used to think that there probably weren't any people left in Ohio over the summer.

No, it's Ohio.

Back