• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GT @ WF: and it all goes to shit

totally unacceptable coaching/player performance today!!!!!! Headed to the locker room down 7 after a lucky shot so GT ends the half with momentum. The minute we stepped on the court for the second half we looked like we have given up,no fight, no fire and a look of confusion vs GT top notch D :). Was the halftime speech something like this,"well,CMM is out so good luck."
One way to fire your team up is when the refs blow 3 mind-blowing calls.....BARK or show some kind of emotion!!!!!!!!!! What that tells the players and the fans is that you have NO passion for this team or the program!! All we saw was random clapping and a straight face. We played and coached like we could give 2 shits about losing to a bottom of the conference team with 2 of their top players missing.NO EXCUSES NO HEART

Wake Forest Head Coach Jeff [Redacted]

Opening statement...
"Give Georgia Tech a lot of credit. They came in here and played very well. Our players fought but we could never seem to get any kind of momentum at all. We always seemed to be one or two plays behind as we tried to battle back, whether it be a timely stop, a bucket, a loose ball or whatever we couldn't seem to get any traction whatsoever. It's a bad loss for us. We will just have to get back to the practice floor tomorrow and regroup and keep fighting through this."

On the status of Codi Miller-McIntyre...
"He turned his ankle and was unable to go. I am sure he will be day-to-day."

On beginning of the game...
"We were sluggish. We missed a couple of layups out of the gate and stepped slow defensively; we didn't get the ball to the rim. I thought Georgia Tech was too comfortable early on shooting the basketball. They were just too comfortable and all of a sudden they gained confidence and momentum and we were chasing."

Great assessment. He shud be a scout.

Wake Forest Head Coach Jeff [Redacted]

Opening statement...
"Give Georgia Tech a lot of credit. They came in here and played very well. Our players fought but we could never seem to get any kind of momentum at all. We always seemed to be one or two plays behind as we tried to battle back, whether it be a timely stop, a bucket, a loose ball or whatever we couldn't seem to get any traction whatsoever. It's a bad loss for us. We will just have to get back to the practice floor tomorrow and regroup and keep fighting through this."

On the status of Codi Miller-McIntyre...
"He turned his ankle and was unable to go. I am sure he will be day-to-day."

On beginning of the game...
"We were sluggish. We missed a couple of layups out of the gate and stepped slow defensively; we didn't get the ball to the rim. I thought Georgia Tech was too comfortable early on shooting the basketball. They were just too comfortable and all of a sudden they gained confidence and momentum and we were chasing."

What a putz.

Back