• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GT @ WF: and it all goes to shit

All I know is that if Buzz threw these guys out there Roy-style and let them play, this team would be 10x better than the disorganized chaos that is Buzzball.

Our program is awful and [Redacted] is responsible, but this is just pure bullshit.

All I know is that if Buzz threw these guys out there Roy-style and let them play, this team would be 10x better than the disorganized chaos that is Buzzball.

I actually disagree with this. I think the talent level is a major part of the problem. Too many non ACC level players.

But Buzz deserves 100% of the blame for that of course.

And maybe a big one or two so Devin can play his real position.

Our program is awful and [Redacted] is responsible, but this is just pure bullshit.

It works well enough for Roy...

I wasn't following the thread that closely, but how'd you like the Travis McKie that showed up today? At least somebody bothered to...

It works well enough for Roy...

I wasn't following the thread that closely, but how'd you like the Travis McKie that showed up today? At least somebody bothered to...

One of Dino's guys saves the day yet again. Or at least tries to.

GTFO with that - I watch every game. It's the logical extension of the way we played Cuse down the stretch. You can't expect a team with a coach who gameplans one game well (against the team whose defense is so well known, it's the head coach's trademark) to make today any less pitiful. Flat gameplanning results in crappy play. This is just a bump in the road to a Buzzless Wake. Whether you choose to blame the asshat making $1.4 million dollars per year or the players who have no fucking idea is going on is up to you.

I was just asking if you watched, not trying to insinuate anything.

I actually disagree with this. I think the talent level is a major part of the problem. Too many non ACC level players.

But Buzz deserves 100% of the blame for that of course.

This is the problem, though.

You're expecting mid-three-star, top-200 RSCI recruits to play like McDonald's All-Americans and this is what you get. Some of our guys have really overachieved this year, but there's a reason that they call it regression to the mean. That's exactly what these letdown games are - regression to the mean. Great coaches (and I mean GREAT coaches) can get this level of talent to overachieve on a nightly basis, but our staff sucks.

I don't fault these guys for being mediocre, especially when there's nothing in the way of talent on the bench to help them through it (y'all are being very kind to Chill, btw - he's a Division 1 AC, and we're heaping more responsibility on the undertalented kids our staff recruited [because they unequivocally suck] rather than the coaches that have failed to prepare them for conference games).

This is the problem, though.

You're expecting mid-three-star, top-200 RSCI recruits to play like McDonald's All-Americans and this is what you get. Some of our guys have really overachieved this year, but there's a reason that they call it regression to the mean. That's exactly what these letdown games are - regression to the mean. Great coaches (and I mean GREAT coaches) can get this level of talent to overachieve on a nightly basis, but our staff sucks.

I don't fault these guys for being mediocre, especially when there's nothing in the way of talent on the bench to help them through it (y'all are being very kind to Chill, btw - he's a Division 1 AC, and we're heaping more responsibility on the undertalented kids our staff recruited [because they unequivocally suck] rather than the coaches that have failed to prepare them for conference games).

I can agree with this.

Major step back today.

We don't have a huge margin of error and Coron killed us today. He sucked. Mckie is playing better but he does not block out. Tyler played like a pus today. Getting physically handled and then short arming jump shots. Rountree has to be gone. Great kid but wasting a scholarship. Madison has to learn to shoot or transfer. One or the other. Overton waste. Don't like his mental composition. He sucks, is stupid, yet thinks he is good.

Refs sucked today too.

Rebounding is effort and position. We are getting killed. Our 3spot is where the damage is coming. Again major step back. That was the season.

Hope we can avoid a major collapse down the stretch so the returning players are not so beaten up before we have a new coach.

agreed. whoever the color guy is was pretty tough on bz today.

Corey Alexander. He literally sounded confused and dumbfounded as BZ ran his failed man to man for the last 10 minutes with a fucking walk-on the floor. He was flat out saying that they were switching madison off of him and that our man to man allowed Gtech to get it inside over and over. We finally ran the trap he was calling for and got a turnover. This is what I'm talking about when I say that we've spent to much time listening to the comforting confines of our spin controlled, flagship station, ESPN3. Embarrassing.

I'm sure someone else said it, but this appears to be Wake's worst home conference loss in the KenPom era.

-9 on the boards. Good thing we have some big men coming in next year, right?!?! 3-15 from 3. Good thing we have some shooters coming in next year, right?!?!

Back