• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guess the date/time of Manning’s firing/resignation

I still think Manning is going to be fired, but I'm officially nervous. Dave Odom was on the David Glenn Show today putting in an endorsement to keep him. The propaganda campaign seems to have begun.

Dave Odom was part of the search team that got Manning hired. Keep him and Wellman as separated from this as possible.

I still think Manning is going to be fired, but I'm officially nervous. Dave Odom was on the David Glenn Show today putting in an endorsement to keep him. The propaganda campaign seems to have begun.

Did Odom have any reasoning for that? And it better not have just been "they were so young this year."

I saw that. Ugh. If I recall correctly, he did say he'd "prefer" to see the team back to national relevance under Manning. I'm sure all of us would have preferred that.

I doubt many ex-coaches would come out and not say 'give him another chance'. Mr. 'name of state in school name' would never throw another coach under the bus.

There is nothing for us to hid. We've been totally bad for 4 of 5 years, we peaked in year 3. Manning has had more than enough time to instill his 'system' and recruit his kids. Fail and fail.

Why is South Carolina's ex-coach being invited to talk about Manning anyway?

I’m still trying to square the apparent fact that last year’s team couldn’t wait to get away from Manning, but this year’s group loves him. It makes zero sense to me.

I’m still trying to square the apparent fact that last year’s team couldn’t wait to get away from Manning, but this year’s group loves him. It makes zero sense to me.

Well, I may have missed some, but it seems like most of the comments I've read have come from the kid of one of those coaches that would be getting fired.

This is the very weird part about Manning’s personality. We all think no one wanted to play for him last year based on the defections, but I have never seen anything in print to verify that. Les commented a couple of months ago that he has heard both sides(from third party sources I assume)—many like him, some don’t. I doubt we will ever really know as players are not stupid enough to talk trash about Manning with his name and connections. The one thing we do know is that in the overall ,he Is not an eff3ctive motivator of young men—whether they like him or not.

THE TIME IS NOW!

uTapEb.gif

Credit to Les for posting this in his most recent article. If they don't fire Danny Manning hard to imagine attendance would reach over 500 for any games next year

I think it would be extremely unusual for any school to keep a basketball coach a 6th year after a 5 season record like Manning’s. Regardless of the program and regardless of the level. I can’t imagine there are many examples of that happening anywhere. The odds must be something like 90% of coaches in his shoes get fired or something like that.

I TOLD you I have INSIDE information on this. Manning will NOT be fired this year. The university cannot afford the buyout. So, prepare your anuses: Danny Manning will be the coach next year.

Did Odom have any reasoning for that? And it better not have just been "they were so young this year."

No matter how young his teams were Dave Odom never had a 20 loss season, let alone 3 of them.

Hopefully this is just Dave trying to avoid awkwardness next time he runs into Manning.

Back