• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Haas's coach admits negativity on social media and internet affected Haas's decision

"All three schools, he was fond of all three," Watkins said. "But I just think at the end of the day it wasn't anything negative about any other school, it was just what he felt like Purdue could do for him."

Ill take misleading thread titles for 500 Alex.

Of course Wrangor neglected this part:

"Some Wake Forest fans wondered if Haas' decision was affected by the rampant negativity about the program on social media and message boards. Watkins didn't deny that it was a factor.

"I think there's so much out there for a kid now," he said. "I know the social media part of it is huge with them. I don't know how much of a role it played in this, to be quite honest, but I do know that it played a role- I don't know how much. Most kids now, they're a lot more savvy when it comes to social media than we are. It is what it is."

Of course Wrangor neglected this part:

"Some Wake Forest fans wondered if Haas' decision was affected by the rampant negativity about the program on social media and message boards. Watkins didn't deny that it was a factor.

"I think there's so much out there for a kid now," he said. "I know the social media part of it is huge with them. I don't know how much of a role it played in this, to be quite honest, but I do know that it played a role- I don't know how much. Most kids now, they're a lot more savvy when it comes to social media than we are. It is what it is."

Losing creates negativity. Solve the losing, solve the negativity.

Seriously, every single fucking fanbase in the country would be WAY more negative than we are if they had had to put up with the Buzzman pony show the last three years.

If this is true, the we need to get rid of wellman and bz and move on quickly. WE ARENT GOING TO STOP BITCHING so get rid of what were bitching about.

If Wellman doesn't want people to tell others that they think his product is crappy then don't be crappy. Seriously, under what absurd standard are people supposed to bite their tongues in the misguided hope that some recruit won't notice the obvious. If he or she is smart enough to fill in the application, he or she is smart enough to realize that WFU sports is a train-wreck, and smart enough to appreciate- not be butt hurt by- those who want it fixed.

Additionally, ads and signs are intended to spread the word. Why do people act all surprised when they do?

In sum:

1. I don't think internet message boards have much effect on recruiting, at least as far as real programs go.

2. If they do, then so be it. I really don't care.

3. I am so over WFU sports. It's about literally everything other than winning.

Better title would have been "Haas' coach calls Haas a liar."

In the Dan Collins article Haas himself said it did not play a role.

If Wellman doesn't want people to tell others that they think his product is crappy then don't be crappy. Seriously, under what absurd standard are people supposed to bite their tongues in the misguided hope that some recruit won't notice the obvious. If he or she is smart enough to fill in the application, he or she is smart enough to realize that WFU sports is a train-wreck, and smart enough to appreciate- not be butt hurt by- those who want it fixed.

Additionally, ads and signs are intended to spread the word. Why do people act all surprised when they do?

In sum:

1. I don't think internet message boards have much effect on recruiting, at least as far as real programs go.

2. If they do, then so be it. I really don't care.

3. I am so over WFU sports. It's about literally everything other than winning.

In general you'd be correct. In some cases it does, this could be one of those 60.1%-49.9% situation where it mattered.

What I'm actually more interested in is whether or not Painter kept recruiting Haas after he committed to Wake. If he did, that would show a gross lack of class and professionalism.

Basketball is different than football. In basketball, there is unwritten rule that you don't keep recruiting a player after they commit.

Don't want people bitching? Simple. Create a BETTER PRODUCT!!!!

Seems pretty clear from what I've read that Purdue didn't stop recruiting him once he committed to Wake.

MTOW: "The negativity at Wake Forest, be straight with me Isaac, did that cause you to waiver in your commitment to Wake Forest -- the negativity of the fan base?''

IH: "Not really. I think it was more just my own person concerns. That's always going to be there. No matter what collegeI go to,there's going to be negativity, no matter what

I'm sold. If we all are unfailingly positive, we should be in a final four very soon.

GO DEACS!!!!!!!

In general you'd be correct. In some cases it does, this could be one of those 60.1%-49.9% situation where it mattered.

Bravo_Bravo.gif

What I'm actually more interested in is whether or not Painter kept recruiting Haas after he committed to Wake. If he did, that would show a gross lack of class and professionalism.

Basketball is different than football. In basketball, there is unwritten rule that you don't keep recruiting a player after they commit.

At least he was giving a 110% in his decision!

The entire negativity thing is so stupid. Some of the biggest complainers and whiners about this have no problem rationalizing why it is OK for them to be negative about some things Wake sports related while getting on their high horse about others.

And to truly not be negative about anything Wake related right now, you really are delving into Internal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind stuff, like DeacFan01 on TOB.

Back