• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Haas's coach admits negativity on social media and internet affected Haas's decision

If Buzz was any good,

1. the fan base would not be so negative

2. the stands would not be so empty

3. other coaches would not be able to poach our commits

4. his won-lost record would not be so miserable

5. the fan base would not be overwhelmingly convinced that Buzz and the AD had to be fired for the program to improve.

There are fans who want Wake to fail and they are doing what they can to make it happen. And they are succeeding.

There are fans who want Wake to fail and they are doing what they can to make it happen. And they are succeeding.

No, there are fans who want Bzz to fail. There is a difference.

Nobody wants Wake to fail in the long term. They just want Bzz to fail in the short term, so that Wake CAN succeed in the long term.

And Bzz was failing pretty well on his own before he even got hired by Wake, so it's not like our negativity has changed that

The key for me is that at bottom, so-called negativity really just boils down to having actual expectations for the school and the athletic program we support. No one here is "negative" about Wake sports just because. It's because we hate seeing this program perform so poorly when we invest so much and know what it's truly capable of. That's not negative; it's just not settling.

Last edited:
If Buzz was any good,

1. the fan base would not be so negative

2. the stands would not be so empty

3. other coaches would not be able to poach our commits

4. his won-lost record would not be so miserable

5. the fan base would not be overwhelmingly convinced that Buzz and the AD had to be fired for the program to improve.

/endthread

mundy sucks

Look, all he's doing is asking Haas' high school coach for a quote and then reporting what he said. In the coach's opinion, social media, etc. played a role and that's all Mundy is reporting on. He's not calling out the message boards by any means.

Just out of curiosity:

Do message boards count as "social media?" I'm a grumpy old SOB so I'm not up on all the lingo the hipster kiddies are using these days but thinking back to Rancho De Nada, Yahoo boards, accboards.com, I don't recall anyone labeling it "social media." But I'm so out of touch, Maude re-runs get me hot. I guess I'm wondering if he is surrepticiously pointing to these boards (or scout).

Last edited:

You could also say that we have the best interests of the kid in mind as well. This is another poor soul saved from likely 2-3 years of dealing with Bzz on a daily basis, followed by a coaching change at some point. How you put a price on protecting a child from that hell? Would you want your kid to endure that mess? I'm willing to put a child's well-being ahead of a theoretical benefit to an institutional athletic program.

Just out of curiosity:

Do message boards count as "social media?" I'm a grumpy old SOB so I'm not up on all the lingo the hipster kiddies are using these days but thinking back to Rancho De Nada, Yahoo boards, accboards.com, I don't recall anyone labeling it "social media." But I'm so out of touch, Maude re-runs get me hot.

Personally I would not consider message boards social media, but who knows exactly what sites the coach or anyone else for that matter mean when they say "social media."

How the hell can you be a "fan" of something you want to make fail?? Who are you specifically referring to? Name names.

No, there are fans who recognize that Wellman and Buzz are stewards of and not proxies for Wake. If you hire a housekeeper who takes giant shits all over your house, and then you fire her, are you being disloyal to your house?

I didn't think so.

Ah, so there are people who want the institution/team they support to fail. I would like to know who those slick bastards are!

How the hell can you be a "fan" of something you want to make fail?? Who are you specifically referring to? Name names.

I'm sure he is referring to us behind the ads and billboards. Nowhere have we ever said we wanted wake to fail. All we have done is shown everyone the facts about what is happening at Wake. Never have we attacked players, only those in positions of power. We expect to get blamed for Haas not coming. My personal take on the situation is that the coaches were spewing integrity to him and then he saw the lack of integrity of our glorious leader. The kid is a great Christian kid. He saw the writing on the wall.

Personally I would not consider message boards social media, but who knows exactly what sites the coach or anyone else for that matter mean when they say "social media."

I hear social media and think Facebook and Twitter.

My Face is where its at…

155owsh.png

Back