• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Happy Labor Day!

Everybody here has worked shit service and labor jobs. Unlike MHBD most people moved on.

Worked construction for 2 years doing physical labor in 100 degree heat. Also worked in a restaurant as a full time job for a little over a year while I was trying to find a career...good try though.

I would hope you didn’t have dirt under your finger nails while working in a restaurant. Employees must wash hands...

I would hope you didn’t have dirt under your finger nails while working in a restaurant. Employees must wash hands...

Ha, nah was referring to construction. Definitely had grimy hands in the restaurant when cleaning tables tho.

Wake and Bake just couldn’t have been more wrong by assuming I’ve never had blue collar jobs, so I was making my point.

Everybody here has worked shit service and labor jobs. Unlike MHBD most people moved on.

This. Unless daddy just handed a shit load of money to y’all, most everyone should have worked blue collar or service jobs as teens, college kids or the first couple years out of college while figuring out what you wanted to do with your life. There’s no shame if you haven’t, just like there’s no shame if you have. The only shame is not having a job but working those jobs because you feel they’re beneath you.

The reality is without unions, here are some things workers would likely not have:

40 hour work week
paid overtime or comp time
healthcare benefits
pensions/401K (were invented to get around pensions)
workplace safety rules and laws
training and education benefits
paid vacation

Those are just off the top of my head.

The threat of employees unionizing also has increased non-union pay and benefits.

Fuck you and creamy you soft pussies. Your posts reveal your lack of awareness that a lot of Americans who are 100 times better than you will ever be don’t move on you piece of shit

This. Unless daddy just handed a shit load of money to y’all, most everyone should have worked blue collar or service jobs as teens, college kids or the first couple years out of college while figuring out what you wanted to do with your life. There’s no shame if you haven’t, just like there’s no shame if you have. The only shame is not having a job but working those jobs because you feel they’re beneath you.

What the fuck is this drivel?

I'm usually with you, but having a hard time understanding your point this time.

Who talks like this? How old are you, ChrisL?

it's called sarcasm, and is usually an effective retort to ridiculous points.

Glad to see I am still living rent free in your head. At least this is better than when you randomly reference me in threads I haven't even posted in.

The funniest thing is unlike most people on these boards who were handed a degree by mommy and daddy from wake. Me and Creamy grew up in town, and cut our teeth going to shitty schools and finding our ways on our own.

You suck at the drums.

When you start making assumptions about random people on a message board that you have no personal knowledge of their situation, you usually come off sounding like a moron.

When I went to Wake, it was the cheapest school I applied to at the time. My four years cost less than it costs today to make it to mid-November of freshman year.

For the record, I went to a middle class HS. We sent about 1/4 of our graduates to Ivy and Ivy-like schools. I think we sent about 90% to four year schools.

So, cata, your statement is kinds BS.

When I went to Wake, it was the cheapest school I applied to at the time. My four years cost less than it costs today to make it to mid-November of freshman year.

For the record, I went to a middle class HS. We sent about 1/4 of our graduates to Ivy and Ivy-like schools. I think we sent about 90% to four year schools.

So, cata, your statement is kinds BS.

Bruh, you’re like the oldest guy on the boards. His post wasn’t directed at you. Wake has changed a bit since the 60s

Wake started getting expensive as shit right after I graduated when they started requiring laptops.

Bruh, you’re like the oldest guy on the boards. His post wasn’t directed at you. Wake has changed a bit since the 60s

71 is older than me...as is bluefish. Not sure if mack was my year or behind me. 1976Deac is a couple of years younger chronologically but has been an old man since he was eighteen.

BTW. many of the youngins here are a lot older than I am in many ways.

Back