• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hartman, Perry and other NFL Draft Prospects

@Perry 21st in the latest BR mock draft.

21. Los Angeles Chargers: WR A.T. Perry, Wake Forest​

b8wovqccfpn5ogc6jv7k.jpg
AP Photo/Chuck Burton
The Los Angeles Chargers appear set at their skill positions with quarterback Justin Herbert, running back Austin Ekeler, tight end Gerald Everett and wide receivers Mike Williams, Keenan Allen and even Josh Palmer. Are they really, though?

"No team in the league needs speed than the Chargers," Klassen said. "A DeSean Jackson or Jaylen Waddle-type isn't found at the top of the upcoming class, but an intriguing Courtland Sutton-type exists in Wake Forest's A.T. Perry.

"Perry is all of 6'5" and has the best deep speed in the class, at least among the receivers near the top. He has all the ball skills expected of a player his size, too. While 21st overall feels rich for Perry right now, it's hard to imagine a player with his size, speed, and contested-catch ability won't rise as the process continues."

With a talent like Herbert behind center, the Chargers should take full advantage of his entire toolbox. Herbert is counted among the league's best at pushing the ball down the field. An extra gear among the wide receivers would be a welcome addition.

Over his last 22 games at Wake Forest, Perry corralled 106 receptions for 1,845 yards and 20 touchdowns. He's a big-play threat ready to join an already potent offense.

Speed looks faster than it is b/c Sam under throws him? Or we don’t get to see his full speed.

Not sure if I’m serious.

Perry does seem to beat corners deep more consistently than any Deacon receiver I've seen which does often precede an underthrown deep ball. Certainly much more than Greene who is known for his speed (Clawson called him a 4.3/4.4 guy this week).

Not sure if that's from speed, route running, scheme or some other factor.

I think it's a weird quirk of the system. In the slow mesh, Hartman waits for the read, waits for the WR to get a step on the DB, then makes the throw. So some of those balls are going to be short. Perry is going to do well in the NFL with his height, speed, and ability to get separation.

unless you're an absolute burner like dk metcalf, I think tall receivers look slower than they are because of stride length so it could be an optical trick that makes @ look to be of more average speed

Perry does seem to beat corners deep more consistently than any Deacon receiver I've seen which does often precede an underthrown deep ball. Certainly much more than Greene who is known for his speed (Clawson called him a 4.3/4.4 guy this week).

Not sure if that's from speed, route running, scheme or some other factor.
I think he understands the system and timing from experience better than Greene right now. He's also a great route runner and uses his body to create separation.

unless you're an absolute burner like dk metcalf, I think tall receivers look slower than they are because of stride length so it could be an optical trick that makes @ look to be of more average speed
Metcalf is also swole which makes him look faster at that speed.

Clemson has played 6 games. The Tigers are considered to have an elite defense.

They have surrendered 10 total passing TDs on the season -- 6 of those to Hartman - 4 in Clemson's other 5 games.

If Clawson wanted to pad Hartman's stats, he could have thrown for 4+ TDs against Army. That wasn't the gameplan; so, Sam threw for one. Sam missed the VMI game or he would have even gaudier stats. Invite Sam to NYC and give him the damn trophy. Madison Avenue would love Sam.

BTW, how hilarious would it be if the worst WF QB in decades got an invite to New York?
Invite Sam to NY Pilch says and give him the trophy……. He says of the allACC 3rd team QB. Geez, one good game against Clemson, who he is now at least 0-3 against, is not a Heisman contender.

Could you at least let two months elapse before responding to Pilchard's posts? Anything less just seems too timely and relevant

unvaccinated QBs have all their ribs. just sayin.

Back