• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has anyone owned a Saab or a Lexus IS 250?

I also just came down to the IS250 and the Infiniti, except I was down to the G25, not the G35 (I wanted less HP, the 250 is really more comparable to the G25 and the 350 is more comparable to the G37). Like leftcoast, I liked the Lexus and would have had no problem driving it, but loved the Infiniti. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the 250, but if you have some time to look around, I would see if you can find a G35/25/37 and drive it just to see what you think of it. I can't speak to reliability on the Infiniti, as I bought (leased) new and I still have under 1000 miles on it, but I absolutely love the car.

Just curious, but why would you want less HP?

Just curious, but why would you want less HP?

I drive approximately 2.4 miles on Atlanta city streets in stop and go traffic everyday. If I hit 45 MPH, it's a record day. I have no need for a car with 330HP. The G37 was (obviously) more expensive to start with, would have been worse on gas mileage, and would have been more expensive to insure. Plus, I was driving a 2008 Nissan Altima with a four cylinder 170 HP engine, so the 218 HP, six cylinder on the G25 was more than I was used to. It just didn't make sense to get the G37.

Makes sense. I was just curious because my car is 325 hp and sometimes I wish I had gone with the 400 hp version, but I drive in much different conditions than you do.

Makes sense. I was just curious because my car is 325 hp and sometimes I wish I had gone with the 400 hp version, but I drive in much different conditions than you do.

The unfortunately part of having a 300 HP car is that I will never want anything with less ever again. Luckily I plan on being very wealthy by the time I get my next new car, so it's not a huge deal.

Back