• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has Bz turned CJ into a NBA prospect?!

By not recruiting a stud SG to compete for minutes for one.

CJ needs his Ish Smith @UNC type moment on National TV.

Specifics?

I have no inside knowledge but check out CJ's postgame interview on the WFU official site. He said that Bz kept calling plays to get him open. I have also heard Bz say on postgame interviews how he constantly tells CJ to shoot more.

CJ is a stud SG. I know you're just trying to be clever but that comes off as trashing CJ.

How so? You're being too sensitive. No rule that you can't have two stud SGs. What a ridiculous post.

bzzz just said get the ball into the hands of the hot shooter...you do that in middle school. no hate on cj..he'll make some money playing basketball, but it will be through his own hard work.

How so? You're being too sensitive. No rule that you can't have two stud SGs. What a ridiculous post.

Not ridiculous at all. You supposition is that a stud SG recruit would have taken minutes away from CJ. Your attempt at humor is based on the premise that the only reason CJ is a star is that we didn't have somebody better. That's how it struck me when I read it. How can I be too sensitive? I'm not CJ or a family member.

Not ridiculous at all. You supposition is that a stud SG recruit would have taken minutes away from CJ. Your attempt at humor is based on the premise that the only reason CJ is a star is that we didn't have somebody better. That's how it struck me when I read it. How can I be too sensitive? I'm not CJ or a family member.

"Neuro" must stand for neurotic.

He played 35 minutes last year, among the most any Deac has ever played. He's playing 32 this year because of Jones and CMM. Are they better than CJ?

If we had brought in another stud SG, he'd be playing fewer minutes, more reasonable minutes, but accumulating fewer stats.

You're going way overboard. Chill out.

"Neuro" must stand for neurotic.

He played 35 minutes last year, among the most any Deac has ever played. He's playing 32 this year because of Jones and CMM. Are they better than CJ?

If we had brought in another stud SG, he'd be playing fewer minutes, more reasonable minutes, but accumulating fewer stats.

You're going way overboard. Chill out.

I'm chill. You're the one that called me neurotic because I objected to your post (a somewhat RJ like response). Look, when I read your post, the word stud SG stood out and it seemed like you were saying CJ wasn't a stud. I know you don't feel that way, and your subsequent posts comfirm that. I just figured that in your zeal to slam BZ, you didn't consider that it could be interpreted as a slight to CJ and I wanted to point that out.

Yeah, dude. That's kinda neurotic. Do you think you're my English Lit prof or something? You could have just left well enough alone.

I think CJ could stick in the league, under the right situation. He doesn't have blazing speed, but he knows how to beat defenders. Not saying he's a starter or even a vital bench man....but he could get some quality minutes, no doubt.

I have no inside knowledge but check out CJ's postgame interview on the WFU official site. He said that Bz kept calling plays to get him open. I have also heard Bz say on postgame interviews how he constantly tells CJ to shoot more.

This is what you have, seriously?

I believe Battle is the one that works with the guards. His resume includes CP3 and Jeff Teague. Not bad.

CJ will have a really good career in the top Euro leagues. I look for him to be playing in Italy or Spain. He's too small to play in the NBA as a SG.

This is what you have, seriously?

I believe Battle is the one that works with the guards. His resume includes CP3 and Jeff Teague. Not bad.

Yes, sir. I wonder if those who attribute a player like CJ's improvements to the head coach really doesn't understand how college basketball works.

For those who advocate this position: do you know when and how often Jeff [Redacted] actually get to work with CJ?

if daniel gibson can get minutes in the nba as a 6'2 2-guard with a fairly limited skillset aside from his range, it's not entirely inconceivable that cj could carve out a spot on a roster as a combo guard somewhere. otherwise, he'll tear it up in europe.

if daniel gibson can get minutes in the nba as a 6'2 2-guard with a fairly limited skillset aside from his range, it's not entirely inconceivable that cj could carve out a spot on a roster as a combo guard somewhere. otherwise, he'll tear it up in europe.

Daniel Gibson is much quicker than CJ and had longer range. I love CJ but he wont be making an NBA roster.

CJ gets the credit for turning himself into a prospect. If all guys put in as much work in the offseason as CJ, scouts' lives would be difficult. CJ has a contract waiting for him in any second tier domestic league as soon as he graduates. It's worth noting, also, that he's been written up on DraftExpress two times already, the first time pre-Buzz.

This!

Daniel Gibson is much quicker than CJ and had longer range. I love CJ but he wont be making an NBA roster.

The NBA has a revolving door for undrafted spot up knock down shooters. CJ is certainly capable of finding his way onto a roster.

Back