• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has Coach Forbes or AD Currie Released A Statement Yet?

Just call me TheReff because I’m all in for success of the conference as transferable to ACC and Wake then relentlessly mocking numbers when 3 teams make the elite 8.
Hey I hope the conference fares well and I guess we will see!

Line hasn't moved on any games so far that I see:

Pitt +2
Duke -6.5
State +5.5
Miami -2.5
Virginia -5.5

Based on implied odds from the ML, ACC is projected to go 2.85-2.15 in these five games. Duke at 74% is the top, State at 35% is at the bottom

I understand what you're saying, but it's foolish to think the ACC is alone in getting in talented freshmen and big name grad transfers, while the other conferences aren't, at least to a degree that teams are woefully misrepresented by the NET and are punished by poor NCAA seeding (or in our case, not making it at all).
The ACC has, by far, the most NBA lottery picks of any conference over the past 20 years, and many of them were freshmen. Here are the numbers:

ACC - 58
SEC - 45
P12 - 39
B12 - 24
B10 - 28

I think it's reasonable that this young talent improves as the year goes on, so a formula that does not account for progress over a season could be flawed when ranking that conference.

O/U 2.5 ACC teams advance to the Round of 32! What y'all taking?!?
In order of confidence of advancing:
Duke
Virginia
State
Miami (assuming Norchad doesn't play)
Pitt

I would take the under, only because of uncertainly of Norchad.

The ACC has, by far, the most NBA lottery picks of any conference over the past 20 years, and many of them were freshmen. Here are the numbers:

ACC - 58
SEC - 45
P12 - 39
B12 - 24
B10 - 28

I think it's reasonable that this young talent improves as the year goes on, so a formula that does not account for progress over a season could be flawed when ranking that conference.
Sure, the last 22 years provide plenty of evidence of the ACC being historically good. Roy, Coach K, Gary Williams were relevant coaches for at least the first half of that period, the former two for both decades.

From 2002-2020 here are the ACC conference ranks per Kenpom
3, 3, 1, 1, 3, 1, 3, 5, 2, 3, 5, 6, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4

2002-2011: Average of 2.5
Full Expansion era 2012-2020: Average of 3.3

Last 3 years under the exact same formula: 5, 5, 7 - average 5.7.

This year is the single worst rating for the conference (+8.03 points better than the average college team to go .500) followed by 2012 (+10.02) last year (+10.65), and 2020-2021 are also bottom 6.

By contrast, ACC 2004 (CP3 freshman year) was over +20, the best recorded year by a conference in Kenpom history. The massive amount of future first round picks didn’t hurt there at all.

It’s not like the formula systematically hates the ACC or undervalues the highly rated recruits any more or less. The conference is just objectively down from where it has been historically and has to get better.

Would hope that one of Coach Forbes or Currie would release some kind of statement about how screwed up this has gotten, and how screwed over we have been for the last 2 years.

Damn the consequences, there is no reason that Colorado, Florida, or Washington State should have been in the NIT this year over the Deacs.

Unless someone calls out the system, it doesn't get fixed. Would seem like the head-to-head results would count a little bit more than whether or not the teams that were on your schedule ended up sucking or not.

Complete and utter bullshit. Sick of computer-analyzed statistical bullshit. As any numbers guy could tell you, we can make the numbers say whatever we want the numbers to say.

The ACC is getting hosed ... again. You would think that they would one day learn their lesson about how awful the Big 10 repeatedly does in the tournaments, but they never seem to learn.
The ACC screws itself by performing extraordinarily poorly all season long. The committee isn't out to get us. The ACC had 20 Q4 losses this year. 20. The Mountain West only had 10 lol. The B12 had 1. If the ACC wants respect, which it had as recent as 3 years ago, it needs to stop sucking. It's nobody else's fault.

As for Wake not making the NIT... first of all, who cares. Second of all, we had 3 really bad losses this year, beat only 3 teams in the top half of the ACC, two of which were missing multiple starters when we beat them, and we had some really close wins against awful teams like App State. We didn't deserve a postseason bid.

You guys. These chat-bots are making my real life conversations with elderlies a living hell.

O/U 2.5 ACC teams advance to the Round of 32! What y'all taking?!?
Under for me. I think Duke and Virginia will ultimately be alright but I really like Drake, I think they're gonna do a number on Miami

Back