• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has he been fired yet? (OH YES HE HAS!!!!!!!!!)

This is sort of like when you send a text to a girl you met and you're feeling really good about it, and then after an hour you're like "nah, she's just busy" and after a few hours you're like, "maybe she's just playing the game" but then after a day you're all like...

george-michael-snoopy-walk.gif

Hard to believe a coach would want to work for an AD who is shopping a coaching position that is still filled.

Hard to believe a coach would want to work for an AD who is shopping a coaching position that is still filled.

I don't really think it's that uncommon.

No one can possibly know what's in the contorted mind of Wellman but to me it's at least clear that the holding pattern since the end of the season definitely does not bespeak a program excited and anxious to go out and hire a kickass new coach. It suggests ambivalence about the whole enterprise and that even if we do terminate Bzz in some fashion his replacement won't be a very inspired choice. IOW, prepare to be massively underwhelmed no matter what happens.

Exactly. It's actually quite common out in the private sector.

Ph is out of his depth here. Again.

We're not talking about the private sector. We're talking about people who have spent their careers in higher education.

Not sure I would consider running a BCS athletic dept or coaching at a high level as working in higher ed but I will play along.

So if Harvard called you for a position with a massive salary increase would you be dissuaded from taking the call or interviewing because the position was currently occupied?

Not sure I would consider running a BCS athletic dept or coaching at a high level as working in higher ed but I will play along.

So if Harvard called you for a position with a massive salary increase would you be dissuaded from taking the call or interviewing because the position was currently occupied?

It's not even that. It's all about the agents. They know what their clients are interested in.

Such a scenario probably doesn't exist for several reasons. Most likely, they'd be offering a new line or a line for someone who has left or retired.

Strange that you don't consider working for a university to be working in higher ed, but I'll play along.

Feel free to list the basketball jobs over the past few years where there has been a search for a new coach while the current one still had a job.

Someone with your intellectual gifts should have no problem putting such list together.

Feel free to list the basketball jobs over the past few years where there has been a search for a new coach while the current one still had a job.

Someone with your intellectual gifts should have no problem putting such list together.

It's been widely reported that talks were happening between representatives prior to Dino getting canned. It wasn't an official search yet but that doesn't mean candidates weren't being vetted through their agents or possibly directly with them, depending on their situation.

DeaconSig loves lists. This impending search is very black-and-white for him.

It's been widely reported that talks were happening between representatives prior to Dino getting canned. It wasn't an official search yet but that doesn't mean candidates weren't being vetted through their agents or possibly directly with them, depending on their situation.

This. We absolutely went and contacted potential replacements before Dino was officially fired.

DeaconSig loves lists. This impending search is very black-and-white for him.

No, but I do love people bloviating about stuff they don't understand.

Is it possible Wellman is making informal contacts with representatives of certain coaches? Sure. Are we conducting a "search" without firing Coach [Redacted]? No way. Auburn did that with Petrino while Tubberville was the coach and got reamed for it.

No, but I do love people bloviating about stuff they don't understand.

Is it possible Wellman is making informal contacts with representatives of certain coaches? Sure. Are we conducting a "search" without firing Coach [Redacted]? No way. Auburn did that with Petrino while Tubberville was the coach and got reamed for it.

Semantics. It's the same thing.

that's my fear - RW meets the coach / coach's rep and lays out his vision of the WF Way and hears back GTFO, which leaves us with Buzz or Buzz 2.0

The Wake Forest Way = LOWF

What kind of driven, winning coach would sign up for that?

Back