• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has he been fired yet? (OH YES HE HAS!!!!!!!!!)

No, but I do love people bloviating about stuff they don't understand.

Is it possible Wellman is making informal contacts with representatives of certain coaches? Sure. Are we conducting a "search" without firing Coach [Redacted]? No way. Auburn did that with Petrino while Tubberville was the coach and got reamed for it.

That was different. The Auburn AD and some boosters flew to Louisville to offer the job to Petrino in the middle of the season. Without asking Petrino's AD for permission. Oh, and the biggie - Tuberville had been pretty successful at Auburn, having finished ranked in the top 15 or so the previous season. I don't think Bz would be all that shocked that Wellman is out taking prospective coaches' temperatures on the impending opening at Wake.

I think that Bzz would himself actually RECOMMEND Howland for the impending opening at Wake.

Ron Wellman's delay here is unacceptable. It is 2014. It is wholly unacceptable to keep everyone waiting. It's not even fair to Buzz.

I am presently in Vegas watching games. I can't just disappear from my day job for a week unless I want to lose clients. Like it or not, that's the reality. We need a new athletic director.

Ron Wellman's delay here is unacceptable. It is 2014. It is wholly unacceptable to keep everyone waiting. It's not even fair to Buzz.

I am presently in Vegas watching games. I can't just disappear from my day job for a week unless I want to lose clients. Like it or not, that's the reality. We need a new athletic director.

At 5pm today, I'm giving up.

My theory is that Wellman is intentionally delaying the [Redacted] firing.

His top choice is likely either Shaka and/or Marshall. He probably has had some contact with their people who at least said there is some interest. Neither will likely seriously talk about the Wake job until their season is done. Wellman isn't sure that he can make a deal with them (in terms of money, autonomy or lax admissions requirements) but he wants to give it a shot. He knows this hire is huge and will determine his legacy. Given that his ego is through the roof, his legacy is likely important to him.

My guess is Howland is choice 2A. If Ron fired Buzz too soon, Howland may force his hand wanting an answer before he can fully explore Shaka and/or Marshall. By retaining Buzz under the guise of evaluation following committee duties, it keeps Howland (and the other mid major guys) at bay. Therefore Howland (et al) is being patient right now and not jumping into other things before Wake is settled.

[Redacted] will likely be let go sometime between this afternoon and Monday morning. Ron can spend a week or so conducting interviews and announce likely 10 days from now. Doubtful Shaka and Marshall will make it past the second weekend.

I'm gonna get drunk and pos rep everyone who's ever posted on the boards even Bradley Angus and Benedict Bob

IM SO HAPPY FUCK PUNCTUATION

ESPNAndyKatz Andy Katz
Ron Wellman told me Sunday in Indy he couldn't focus on this situation due to the selections until this week. Well now he did. Presser 5pm.

Horton-Hears-A-Who--upcoming-movies-534053_1280_960.jpg

I hear them! I hear them!

Back