• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has Lobo been rehired as our OC???

If we aren't comfortable throwing it in 3rd and 5 from our 15 against App State, we just might as well fold up shop with the big boys we play.

Agree. We played not to lose. If we had lost, Clawson would be getting some heat for that.

Is it possible they kept today's offensive plays pretty basic so as not to show too much before big conference games against FSU and Clemson? Our variety of plays seemed vanilla (in Lobo fashion).

No. We just have a vanilla offense and it sucks. No orbit sweeps. No misdirection. No trick plays. ASU used some imagination and took good calculated risks. We were out coached yesterday.

No. We just have a vanilla offense and it sucks. No orbit sweeps. No misdirection. No trick plays. ASU used some imagination and took good calculated risks. We were out coached yesterday.

...and outplayed. They played with maximum effort the entire game. We didn't. So some accoutability is squarely on the players' shoulders.

I'm not sure that's the percentages.

No that's not playing the percentages.

Giving the other team the ball back with less than two minutes back is not playing the percentages.

Many points are scored within the last two minutes of the first and second half. Giving a team with 500 yards the ball close to midfield will more often than not lead to at minimum a field goal attempt.

Exactly. And we can't be like "stop complaining because we won" because it took a low percentage play to seal the game after they got a FG attempt.

Exactly. And we can't be like "stop complaining because we won" because it took a low percentage play to seal the game after they got a FG attempt.

Although that was after we forced them into a 4th and more-than-10, and they had to draw a questionable pass interference call. When that ball left his hand the game was over, or should have been.

It just shocks me that Clawson seemingly has so little confidence in a QB that has played this many games then to give him a chance to pick up 5 yards. His scrambling ability is our most effective running threat.

It just shocks me that Clawson seemingly has so little confidence in a QB that has played this many games then to give him a chance to pick up 5 yards. His scrambling ability is our most effective running threat.

We threw on 3rd and short when we had to have a field goal to get the lead. The final call was conservative as hell, but it wasn't just a confidence call. It was the timeout it'd burn, the disaster a sack would have been kicking out of the endzone, and the (misguided) hope our guys might block well enough to squeeze out a first down on the ground. Probably fair to say that if the rest of the plays had gone basically the same but we'd thrown an incompletion there, we'd very likely have lost because they'd have had time for a few more plays offensively.

All day they had 1 sack for 1 yard. Wolford had 77 yards rushing also. I would say the odds are better that Wolford would have scrambled for the 1st down than get sacked.

No play is fullproof. I would just think that we would have a little more faith in our senior QB with the game on the line.

Up 1 - we ran 3 plays, knowing we would likely have to punt the ball and app would get it near midfield with 1:45 to go and a senior qb (and a 4 year stater).

I'm all for taking the air out of the ball sometimes, but 1:45 is way too much time (even with no timeouts) to give a team at the -45, needing only a FG to win.

Our offense really sucks and has for four years now. We were outplayed and out coached. I would trade our coaching staff for Apps based on this one game !!!!!

Our offense really sucks and has for four years now. We were outplayed and out coached. I would trade our coaching staff for Apps based on this one game !!!!!

Careful now. There is more to coaching than in-game play calling. Clawson seems pretty good at program building. Maybe we just get a creative OC and call it a day.

This is absurd. Clawson's 4th years at Fordham, Richmond and bowling green = 10, 10, and 9. 5th year at BG was 11 Wins. Wake 4th year = 4-0 so far. The Man can coach. Where the game went south imo was the second drive of the game when we went deep and had to punt after marching down the field with runs and short passes. End of game was conservative but we won the game.

Question - are we running the same, slow-developing RPOs in obvious running situations, including the end of the game? It certainly looked like it. Would much rather get in the I (never going to happen) or pistol and run straight downhill, both the OL and RBs.

App did a really good job keeping Wolford from getting any yards outside the pocket. Pretty fast DEs.

Back