• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has the basketball program reached rockbottom yet?

yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last year we played Gonzaga, Xavier, Richmond, and VCU in the pre-conference schedule (all NCAA tournament teams). This year we've played Loyola, Georgia Southern, NC Central, Dayton, Arizona State, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Richmond, High Point, Seton Hall, Gardner-Webb, UNCW, Yale, and Wofford. I don't see any tournament teams in that group.

Last year we played Gonzaga, Xavier, Richmond, and VCU in the pre-conference schedule (all NCAA tournament teams). This year we've played Loyola, Georgia Southern, NC Central, Dayton, Arizona State, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Richmond, High Point, Seton Hall, Gardner-Webb, UNCW, Yale, and Wofford. I don't see any tournament teams in that group.

Right, but the worst teams we've played are considerably better than the worst teams we played last year. Or something. The OOC definitely isn't as strong at the top, but that doesn't mean it isn't stronger overall.

Right, but the worst teams we've played are considerably better than the worst teams we played last year. Or something. The OOC definitely isn't as strong at the top, but that doesn't mean it isn't stronger overall.

And for a team ranked around 200, that can make the schedule tougher.

Meant to vote yes, last year was definitely the bottom.

Do people understand how strength of schedule works? If we played Kentucky and Indiana this year and lost to them by 50 each, then played games against the 11 worst teams in Div1 basketball, it would not be a harder schedule than this year just because you've heard of Kentucky and Indiana.

How many 20 point leads did we open up last year against teams ranked higher than us in Kenpom?

I guess it all comes back to how you classify a schedule as "tough." If you play three cupcakes and two good teams, is that tougher than playing five decent teams?

Looking at who we've played in our first 14 games, there isn't a single team that is better than the four toughest teams we played last season in non-conference play. One area of improvement that we've made is that we aren't losing to the worst of the worst anymore (i.e. Stetson). We're only losing occasionally to middle-of-the-road low majors now...

The thought that this is even debatable is yet another reason Bzzzz needs to be shown the door sooner rather than later. We just need to hit the rest button and start with a coach that will energize our fanbase and restore a sense of pride in WF hoops.

Not until fans are sucking c_ck behind the Joel for a win. "Intervention" has taught me that is what rock bottom is.

Was last year rock bottom, or have we just gotten so used to being this shitty that it doesn't hurt our egos as much?

If we were a tourney quality team, last year's schedule would be more challenging, however.

can't believe people are voting yes before the conference schedule starts

I think people just aren't imaginative enough when they envision what rock bottom for Wake Forest basketball would actually look like.

Let's bet on how many wins we get in the conference this year. Put your money where your mouth is.

why would I give 2 shits about the number of wins? i don't give a fuck if we win zero or all of them. if we win i'll be happy, if we lose i'll get what i expected.

why would I give 2 shits about the number of wins? i don't give a fuck if we win zero or all of them. if we win i'll be happy, if we lose i'll get what i expected.

Well you are indicating that you think our rock bottom will be this year instead of last year when we went 8-24 (1-15), so I assumed that since we already have won 9 games this year then you would think we were gonna go 0-fer or have the same record as last year in the ACC....

Unless if you are just bitching to bitch like everybody else...

Rock bottom is when we have 0 ACC wins, which is probably coming.

Back