• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hate Crime : it's a Knockout.

it's pretty funny that nowhere in the article does it mention the races of the "random groups of youth" and that lectro just assumes they're black.

stupid game, though

The story has gotten a lot of media coverage the past few weeks, and most have mentioned the race of the random groups of youth, even if Yahoo didn't. That said, I don't think the epidemic itself is a hate crime, as I don't think the victims are necessarily of other races or chosen because of race.

If you do a quick Google search, you can find all sorts of races involved with these knockouts -- victims as well as accused -- black, white, Asian, Hispanic ...

The dude charged in the attack linked above appears to be Indian/Pakistani.

lol

"That's why I called on the NYPD and District Attorney's Office to literally throw the book at these individuals and to charge them with many crimes, including hate crimes and gang assault, because that's what it is," Greenfield said.

Is this worse than crack babies? What about AIDS thumbtacks in movie theatre seats? Or razor blades in candy?
I need to set my level of fear appropriately.

Just watch out for blacks in general. As a rule of thumb.

Reverend Al called out the black community to tell their youths to stop this because it is a severe crime. Wonder if members of congress will do the same with the drug users?

it's pretty funny that nowhere in the article does it mention the races of the "random groups of youth" and that lectro just assumes they're black.

stupid game, though

There is a reason why the media has largely avoided mentioning the race of the assailants so far.

Just watch out for blacks in general. As a rule of thumb.

As 2&2 pointed out when this subject came up in a thread on the pit, don't be offended when white people cross the street to avoid black youths. Is it necessary to be suspicious of every young black male? No, but I can certainly understand why people would hear about this "game" and ratchet up their fear a bit. And el-oh-fucking-el at this being labeled a "game."

The whole thing took an interesting turn last weekend when an Arab man tried to knockout a Jewish person, and the police charged him with a hate crime, which is exactly what it is in every case.

el-oh-fucking-el at this being labeled a "game."

Also, this nonsense coupled with the escalation in concealed carry is only going to lead to more vigilante justice/stand your ground situations.

There is a reason why the media has largely avoided mentioning the race of the assailants so far.

Because most responsible media don't mention race unless it matters to the story?

You're way out of your element here.

As 2&2 pointed out when this subject came up in a thread on the pit, don't be offended when white people cross the street to avoid black youths. Is it necessary to be suspicious of every young black male? No, but I can certainly understand why people would hear about this "game" and ratchet up their fear a bit. And el-oh-fucking-el at this being labeled a "game."

The whole thing took an interesting turn last weekend when an Arab man tried to knockout a Jewish person, and the police charged him with a hate crime, which is exactly what it is in every case.

el-oh-fucking-el at this being labeled a "game."

People like that are just looking for something to be scared of. They're not happy unless they have something to fear. That's why fearmongerers like Glenn Beck and the other talk radio fucktards have such a huge audience.

Seems like a shitty way to live your life, IMO.

As 2&2 pointed out when this subject came up in a thread on the pit, don't be offended when white people cross the street to avoid black youths. Is it necessary to be suspicious of every young black male? No, but I can certainly understand why people would hear about this "game" and ratchet up their fear a bit.

This is absurd.

Because most responsible media don't mention race unless it matters to the story?

You're way out of your element here.

Then why haven't they mentioned it when nearly 100% of the assailants are black and nearly 100% of the victims are white? How does race NOT matter given the pattern of facts so far?

If race didn't matter, Al Sharpton wouldn't have commented on the matter.

Fuck you and your pretentious "out of your element" comment.

Then why haven't they mentioned it when nearly 100% of the assailants are black and nearly 100% of the victims are white? How does race NOT matter given the pattern of facts so far?

Also, show me these statistics. With 100% black and 100% white. It's not even for certain that this is indeed a "trend" and not just a coincidence.

If race didn't matter, Al Sharpton wouldn't have commented on the matter.

Fuck you and your pretentious "out of your element" comment.

What are the pattern of facts? Go ahead and list them out here

Back